2 male Great Pyrs in need of rescue - NC

arlee453

Songster
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
near Charlotte NC
I'm just passing along this one - got an email from a lady I work with and was asked to spread the word, so I figured BYC might be a good place to find these guys a home. I don't know anything other than what is below.

If you are looking for a Great Pyr in the Charlotte NC region, take a look at these guys - they need help! Contact info is at the bottom...

3557_pyrs.jpg

CRITICAL MOVING IN LESS THAN 1 WEEK - 2 GREAT PYRENEES IN IMMEDIATE NEED (see picture below) - Dear Rescuers ~ Received a call from a young girl yesterday who was crying b/c she has not been able to find placement for her 2 Great Pyrenees in the past few months. She is moving to Europe in less than 1 week. The info about her 2 male dogs is below. They are not fixed yet, but current on shots and HW preventative. We can get them fixed so they don't wind up in the hands of breeders. She has kept them mainly outdoors except during the months her father is out of the country. They are potty trained and good with kids. If you have anyone looking to adopt, please let me know ASAP. Thanks. The dogs are Pure Great Pyrenees with registration papers Age: 3 Names: Alan and Bak

Temperment: Good with kids, other pets and people. No behavioral issues.

Potty trained: yes
Medical Info: Not Fixed Current on heartworm pills yearly shots due next month

Contact: Erin Powell Board of Directors SPCA ALLIANCE P.O. Box 30484 Charlotte, NC 28230 704-714-4288

I've considered a pyr for here but I can't put an untried pet dog with livestock. Too many people I know have tried that and had really awful results. But boy I hope they do find a home.

They sure are handsome boys! I hope they find a home.

Our Great Pyr, Titan, was a rescue. He was 1 1/2 years old when we got him. Titan recently celebrated his 10th birthday. Without any training he has been a terrific guardian for our property, family, and grandkids. For the last 2 1/2 years, he has also guarded our chicken flock. He chases away hawks daily.

Last edited:
Turns out I work with the person who knows this person in need. From what I was told at work, they want the dogs to both go to the same home. Their information was passed around at work last week.

Do you have a contact nr. for the girl that has them? We left the SPCA a message but they haven't returned it. I'd like to contact the girl that has them. We think we have someone that wants to take them.

Back
Top Bottom