1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 male Great Pyrs in need of rescue - NC

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by arlee453, Aug 21, 2008.

1. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I'm just passing along this one - got an email from a lady I work with and was asked to spread the word, so I figured BYC might be a good place to find these guys a home. I don't know anything other than what is below.

If you are looking for a Great Pyr in the Charlotte NC region, take a look at these guys - they need help! Contact info is at the bottom...

[​IMG]

CRITICAL MOVING IN LESS THAN 1 WEEK - 2 GREAT PYRENEES IN IMMEDIATE NEED (see picture below) - Dear Rescuers ~ Received a call from a young girl yesterday who was crying b/c she has not been able to find placement for her 2 Great Pyrenees in the past few months. She is moving to Europe in less than 1 week. The info about her 2 male dogs is below. They are not fixed yet, but current on shots and HW preventative. We can get them fixed so they don't wind up in the hands of breeders. She has kept them mainly outdoors except during the months her father is out of the country. They are potty trained and good with kids. If you have anyone looking to adopt, please let me know ASAP. Thanks. The dogs are Pure Great Pyrenees with registration papers Age: 3 Names: Alan and Bak

Temperment: Good with kids, other pets and people. No behavioral issues.

Potty trained: yes
    Medical Info: Not Fixed Current on heartworm pills yearly shots due next month

Contact: Erin Powell Board of Directors SPCA ALLIANCE P.O. Box 30484 Charlotte, NC 28230 704-714-4288

2. UnttouchableRose

UnttouchableRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Blountville, TN
    Oh they are lovely we have 5 Pyrs. I'd take another 1 or 2 in a heartbeat. HUbby would murder me though.

Do hope they find homes!

3. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Oh man! I will ask hubby if he knows anyone. He'd kill me if I take one. [​IMG]

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Oh man! I so wish I had more room. I'd take them in a hot second.

5. goatkeepers

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    I pm-ed you... Trying to get a hold of the girl that has the dogs. We might have a home for them!

6. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I've considered a pyr for here but I can't put an untried pet dog with livestock. Too many people I know have tried that and had really awful results. But boy I hope they do find a home.

7. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    They sure are handsome boys! I hope they find a home.

Our Great Pyr, Titan, was a rescue. He was 1 1/2 years old when we got him. Titan recently celebrated his 10th birthday. Without any training he has been a terrific guardian for our property, family, and grandkids. For the last 2 1/2 years, he has also guarded our chicken flock. He chases away hawks daily.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Man I would LOVE to have them. They are such nice dogs. Too bad im far away, and dont need anymore animals. I hope the find great homes fast!

9. jlbpooh

jlbpooh Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2007
    Catawba, SC
    Turns out I work with the person who knows this person in need. From what I was told at work, they want the dogs to both go to the same home. Their information was passed around at work last week.

10. goatkeepers

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Do you have a contact nr. for the girl that has them? We left the SPCA a message but they haven't returned it. I'd like to contact the girl that has them. We think we have someone that wants to take them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by