2 Peachicks Needs Rescue San Antonio Area

bdfive

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 11, 2010
South of Blanco, TX
If anyone has the expertise to care for special needs peachicks please contact me if you're in the San Antonio area. I think one hurt it's leg in the incubator. I'm doing what I can for it with what knowledge I have. Other, not sure....just gave it a dose of Tylan 50. Seldom ever have peachick problems and now 2 at once. Hopefully someone out there can raise them knowing what care they need. Thanks much.

hi

dont worry it is normal until they reach one week the legs will be fine also give them vitamin D thats will be help

hi

dont worry it is normal until they reach one week the legs will be fine also give them vitamin D thats will be help
Are you new to peafowl? Some of these cases have to be addressed before a week and before the legs become fixed in a way that no amount of therapy or taping will help and the bird has to be culled, just sayen
wink.png

If anyone has the expertise to care for special needs peachicks please contact me if you're in the San Antonio area. I think one hurt it's leg in the incubator. I'm doing what I can for it with what knowledge I have. Other, not sure....just gave it a dose of Tylan 50. Seldom ever have peachick problems and now 2 at once. Hopefully someone out there can raise them knowing what care they need. Thanks much.
Hope you found someone to help you,
hugs.gif
don't know how i missed your post.

In light of this exchange, can I just give a plug for a peababy rescue?
Destinduck was trying to give away a green baby with leg problems:

"I have done quite a few pheasants and quackers with leg problems and I have enough baby birds as it is.Like I said I am trying to give it away for free to her or anyone else willing to come get it. A pure green even.I gave away some high dollar birds over the years just to keep genetics or what ever you want to call it on the right track here at the crib.To be honest. I cull all hybrids and those that have any problems. Even if I fix em I give em away. I just dont want em for my own stock."

From this page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/670065/show-off-your-peas/3990

I wonder if MinxFox saw this?
I just PMed her just in case.

Last edited:
So sorry. Next time you post a thread and it doesn't get answered just bump it or send one of us a PM and we'll try to get you some help sooner. How's the other one doing?

-Kathy

Kathy, the other passed. I think it may have had a sinus issue. I gave it Tylan 50 and force fed it with eye dropper and syringe being careful not to get the liquids down the wrong part of the throat but it just got weaker and weaker and finally died. Tears in my eyes now destined to fall down my cheeks. I was/am crying for the 2. It breaks my heart. They will be buried together, in the shade in the courtyard where the peafowl eat, drink, sit on cedar log perches and hang out most of the day. I have a Pomegranate I'm going to plant and will put them with it to commemorate their lives. Crap, I'm crying now and feel terrible. My husband suggested I put the in the freezer until we got the hole dug tomorrow. I couldn't do it for several hours cause know how much they love being warm. I'm such a basket case, aren't I?

Is there anyone local to San Antonio area that knows how to care for chicks when injured or ill? If so I'd love to be in touch with them. Hopefully they'd be willing to treat the babies and keep them after they've cured or corrected their injury. If they can't keep them for themselves I'd just ask they give or sell to good homes.

Thanks so much for the replies from everyone. Your caring gives me a lot of comfort. My husband thinks I'm nuts.

Back
Top Bottom