2 week old Cockoo Maran rooster Air sacculitis?

leticiasmith

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2024
IMG_9791.jpeg
He is in good spirits, eating and drinking well. He does tend to stay under the heat lamp more than the others and really wants to cuddle, but does occasionally partake in ruff housing with the his 19 sisters. Please advise, not sure what to do about it. He is on medicated baby chick starter feed and electrolyte water that I alternate every other week with Magic water (acv)

Is it just the crop that is looking enlarged do to food and water? Do you feel air under the skin? Sorry to be so late in answering your thread.

Is it just the crop that is looking enlarged do to food and water? Do you feel air under the skin? Sorry to be so late in answering your thread.
It’s just the crop. It’s not tight it’s more squishy when I touch it. I did massage it and it’s seems to go down for a tiny bit but he also twitches like he’s adjusting his crop.

Is the chick just eating chick crumbles, no grass or other foods? I think they can swallow air that makes the crop puffy. I would just keep observing the chick. They can have really big crops after eating, which goes on day and night if they have light?

Back
Top Bottom