20 Blue Marans, White Marans, Black Copper Marans, Blrw Chicks...va

bishopschickens

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Cumberland, VA
These chicks range from 3 days to 3 weeks old. I will ship with one large box that has seperate compartments for your birds do not squish each other. You will receive half of each 10 3 week olds, and 10 3 day olds. Paypal payments can be sent to [email protected] and these will ship this afternoon or if payment is received after today they will ship next monday! the majority of these will be french standard except for one or two of them. This is a great deal from quality birds. Our egg color averages around a 6 all year long! Makority of our birds are from wade jeane lines except the whites which come from bev davis lines.

Brandon and Heather

10851_blackcopperroo.jpg

10851_bluebirds.jpg

To get our blues we place our black marans over our splash so we get 100% blue chicks. This has not in any way effected our egg color.

10851_dscn8886.jpg

10851_splashhensandroos.jpg

10851_00blackcoppereggs.jpg

Last edited:
How does this work is it just BIN or do we bid what we can give? I got an egg once from a BCM roo and a BLRW hen and it hatched the most beautiful blue baby, looked to be a girly from the beginning on til I had to dissipate my flock... Would LOVE to get that combination again to hatch,
2008_1122Pics0153.jpg

Right now im waiting on a person that wants them. Payment is supposed to be sent today but if I have not received it I will let you know. I am just running buy it nows and the prices is as low as I can go.

Brandon

These chicks range from 3 days to 3 weeks old. I will ship with one large box that has seperate compartments for your birds do not squish each other. You will receive half of each 10 3 week olds, and 10 3 day olds.

Wait, do I read this correctly? You intend to ship 3 day old chicks? Please don't. I believe that is illegal, or that it is against the post office regulations. I think there is a sticky about it, as well.

ETA:
Ahh, yes, I found the post office regulations .... if they are over 24 hours old, you can not mail them.
http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c5_007.htm#ep198129

Last edited:
It is NOT illegal to ship chicks over three days old. You just have to ship them Express as you do with grown birds. And for your further information we have been shipping birds for quite some time and with our method of shipping have never had a problem with their vitality in shipping.

Brandon and Heather

* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.
No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brandon,
I will not debate with you. Don't you think it is a wise thing to do, to ask questions? What do you mean I constantly post about wanting pictures without the intention of buying anything? How would you know my intentions? I do not appreciate your accusations and assumptions. If I am in error, please do point it out, as it would be merely an error, and no more. My understanding with the post office is that they need to be no more than 24 hours old when shipped. That's what it says. Of course, this is in application to chicks, not adults. I believe it has a weight they have to be to be shipped if not day olds or adults. Is that correct?

Do you not recall that I did in fact, purchase DAY OLD chicks from you! And further more, I emailed you about how vigorous and healthy they were ... I gave you kudoos for big, plump, healthy chicks! I am here to say, I received your birds, and that they ALL arrived as stated. Here are some recent pictures (age 11 - 12 weeks) ...
31282_nov_20_2009_marans_jersey_giants_041.jpg

31282_nov_20_2009_marans_jersey_giants_024.jpg

31282_nov_21_2009_jersey_giants_2_mths_043.jpg

31282_nov_20_2009_marans_jersey_giants_066.jpg

31282_nov_20_2009_marans_jersey_giants_043.jpg

31282_nov_20_2009_marans_jersey_giants_076.jpg

31282_nov_20_2009_marans_jersey_giants_063.jpg

Last edited:
Just to be clear here, the USPS regulations are easy to understand. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=252067

day old and 3 week old chicks are considered nonmailable lives. Please review the regulations and be sure you are shipping birds within the timelines allowed and safe for the birds. Just because a PO worker is accepting these birds, does not make it right. It is your responsibility as the seller to know the regulations and to do what is right. If losses are incurred, it is the fault of the seller and refunds will be expected, I'm sure. I also feel buyers should be responsible in these cases and know what is acceptable for shipping. It is always best to check with your PO and FedEx flights to ensure safe arrival can occur.

Back
Top Bottom