20 hours since she pipped...

And try not to handle her too much. She needs to rest and get stronger.

So sorry for all you are going through.
hit.gif

Ive given up for tonight. My husband said the same thing, let her rest. But is it normal for Salsa to be stepping on her? Shes constantly standing on top of her.

Chicks will sometimes do that but it isn't good for Tortilla especially as she isn't walking good right now. You don't want to separate them totally. Maybe try putting a little screen up or something so they can get close to each other but Salsa won't step on Tortilla. Nothing permanent just for a little bit.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Good night and hope everything works out!

I seperated them yesterday but Salsa found her way back to snuggle with Tortilla. Lol. She loves her sister. I am going to try agin with the shoes after breakfast. Ive noticed that Tortilla doesnt like to have her eyes open. She has them closed most of the time and Im not sure she's eating. I am going to keep a very close eye on her.

I seperated them yesterday but Salsa found her way back to snuggle with Tortilla. Lol. She loves her sister. I am going to try agin with the shoes after breakfast. Ive noticed that Tortilla doesnt like to have her eyes open. She has them closed most of the time and Im not sure she's eating. I am going to keep a very close eye on her.

You want to get her off that slick cardboard and onto something she can grip better. That will cause splay leg. Use rubber shelf liner sprinkled VERY lightly with shavings or none at all (they machine wash easily). Good luck, I had a tough hatch on Easter Day, had to put 2 babies down and one that I had rehabilitated is now 3 weeks later showing leg and foot problems again :( ...I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow. She's in the chick NICU for now...

Well, Tortilla passed away very early this morning. Salsa wont stop crying in high pitch chirps. I knew Tortilla wasnt going to make it and Im glad shes not suffering but I am very sad. Now, to tell my Kindergarten class she died...

My BFF at another school is hatching Bantams as well, and I am going over there today after work to look at her chicks. All the chicks that make it are going to be going to her fiance's ranch next week so she wont be lonely for long. My daughter gave Salsa a small zebra doll to help keep her company, and Salsa cuddles up on it. She's taking a nap in its lap.

Back
Top Bottom