20-week old chickens - move outside in MA??

yoma

In the Brooder
Dec 20, 2020
Hello! I have 5 20-week old chickens that have been residing in my 3 season porch since early November. I am SO ready to have them outside!! The temps here in MA are in the 50s, with nighttime lows between 25-30. Can I safely shift them to the coop now?

Thanks for your advice!

Hello! I have 5 20-week old chickens that have been residing in my 3 season porch since early November. I am SO ready to have them outside!! The temps here in MA are in the 50s, with nighttime lows between 25-30. Can I safely shift them to the coop now?

Thanks for your advice!
Gradually reduce the heat to acclimate them to the chill and they should be fine.

Thank you for the welcome and the advice! I removed artificial heat sources a couple of weeks ago, so they've been in an unheated room. They haven't been exposed to outdoor breezes, do you think this will be a problem?

Thank you for the welcome and the advice! I removed artificial heat sources a couple of weeks ago, so they've been in an unheated room. They haven't been exposed to outdoor breezes, do you think this will be a problem?
As long as it's not ruffling their feathers, so to speak, it should be fine. But I live in a warm environment and I'm a novice. I'm sure more people will chime in with more detail.

Back
Top Bottom