2012??????

I looked it up. We misinterpreted it. The world won't end, it will just be the anniversary of something or another... I forget
hmm.png

I've thought about this question. I was a big fan of the movie 2012, but I found it a little hard to believe from the get go. Although there have been an enormous string of natural disasters in this part of the world over the past half a year, I don't think the world is going to end any time soon, although I don't doubt a change in lifestyle someday, I guess, if we don't want the world to run out of the natural resources everyone's depleting it of.

Quote:
Such a very good point. Worry about things you can change or try to change. If you believe in an afterlife and how you will be received then you should prepare for that every day.

Is wondering if the people in Japan thought it was all hype. Only in the sense that being prepared to important.

Last edited:
I would rather prepare by having food canned, frozen, dehydrated, or on the hoof and be able to live in the event of a diaster (economical, natural, etc.) than not prepare and be wrong. At least if I prepare, I have food. If I don't prepare, and something happens, I have had enough notice and only have myself to blame.
So, I am preparing! I will only need to protect what I have. I will not need to steal to survive. If I am wrong and nothing happens, I just have a nice food storage and enjoyed my garden and preserving. No harm done.
I believe that there are worse things than death. A slow starvation is one of them.
I have fruit trees planted. A garden growing and preparing food for long term storage. I have rabbits, pigs, chickens, quail, pheasants, and turkeys (on the hoof). I have water saved and continue to increase my supply. Goats are next on my list as well as artillery.
What are you doing? I would love to share ideas (not ideas about rather you believe something will happen or not) on what you are doing to prepare. Things like buying heirloom seeds so the seeds from your garden can be used to plant next year.

That is one thing I am completely not worried about.

If the Mayans were so incredibly good at predicting things, they would have predicted the major problems with their civilization and prevented its demise.

'I'm really spiritually gifted and so can predict the future thousands of years in the future!' and 'Woops, I forgot to plant enough corn and we fought each other so much, didn't plan for a drought and caught all sorts of diseases from the Europeans, that our civilization collapsed and we all died. We could have moved, stored more of our harvest, resolved our conflicts with diplomacy and trade, and we could have killed all the Europeans and not showed them all our gold and a couple other things, and the Americas would still belong to us, but we didn't foresee Jack, so we're toast'.

So like no.

Last edited:
Quote:
Personally, I like nerds.
hugs.gif
This is a classic example of the Thomas Theorem - that which is believed to be true is true n its consequences.

That is what I worry about - not that 2012 is true - but that the consequences of belief in it could be.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I think the world as we know it ends every day.

The cell phone changed everything about the world as we knew it. Most world changing events are only clear in the rear view mirror.

The other day scientists found out a proof about anti matter that, if people were really paying attention, they would realize changes everything about how we view this universe.

Frankly, I think there are so many people looking forward to the end of the world that if it does not come about by natural means, people will make it come about through violence and revolution. A significant number of people WANT the world as they know it to end and they'll be mighty ticked if it doesn't.

That worries me far more than pole shift or any other natural disaster scenario.

We are moderate in preparation.

I like it!​

I have What......thanks! Glad to know there is someone who still appreciates us lowly Nerds....

As for being prepared, etc......I refuse to succumb to paranoia. Would I like to be more self-sustainable? Yes, I would love to only for my own enjoyment in not using so many resources.
John

Back
Top Bottom