2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up throwing all the eggs out, checked them and nothing developed, correct me if I'm wrong but even at day 5 there should be some signs like veins? I wonder if they were infertile, old, porous or a combination of all three.
She is offering to send me more eggs, but I'm honestly not sure I want them!

I ended up throwing all the eggs out, checked them and nothing developed, correct me if I'm wrong but even at day 5 there should be some signs like veins? I wonder if they were infertile, old, porous or a combination of all three.
She is offering to send me more eggs, but I'm honestly not sure I want them!
I do not toss eggs until day 10. I move them into groups on day 7, the first day to check air cell development.

I move obvious good ones to one place and them move most likely clears to another. In between go ones that could go either way.

Of course this is more of a problem with dark brown or green eggs.

I would suggest opening up each egg and look for the ovum. You might just be surprised at what you find.

I do not toss eggs until day 10. I move them into groups on day 7, the first day to check air cell development.

I move obvious good ones to one place and them move most likely clears to another. In between go ones that could go either way.

I would suggest opening up each egg and look for the ovum. You might just be surprised at what you find.

I did open up each egg, they were all runny, light yellow and no development that I could see. Looked like a runnier version of a fresh egg when you crack it. A lot of the eggs were also porous, and I had one that was rotten and oozing that I threw out yesterday.

I did open up each egg, they were all runny, light yellow and no development that I could see. Looked like a runnier version of a fresh egg when you crack it. A lot of the eggs were also porous, and I had one that was rotten and oozing that I threw out yesterday.

Is she offering the others for free, including the shipping..for free? If so, it wouldn't hurt to try again. FREE! ??

Sorry abut the others, I have had this happen, only about twice in my time of buying shipped eggs. None fertile, or started. Pretty upsetting. :(

Last edited:
Mr. Chicapee here....We traced the barrel bottom on a piece of 1/2 inch plywood to make a wooden disc. Drilled holes in the barrel bottom with a paddle bit to take the plucker fingers. Installed the plucker fingers in the barrel bottom. Got a 12 inch v belt pulley from tractor supply and sandwiched the large pulley, plywood and barrel bottom. Secured all three together using round head bolts and lock nuts, making sure that everything was centered to help reduce wobbling when it rotated. Also got a spindle and shaft assembly and mounted one side dead center on the plywood disk and the other side on a 2x6 secured within the frame of the plucker.
I think the best way for me to explain this is with photos and a description. As soon as I get a chance, Ill do a tutorial and put it in a PDF for Chicapee to provide here later.
Thanks so very very much! that would be awesome, showing how to sammy the pulley together, and what size spindle and shaft assembly would be great too because when I looked there were so many options I get so confused!

Last edited:

x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom