2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storminthenight

storminthenight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Missouri
    So you guys think that even though none of the eggs showed any signs of developing at day 5 that they still could have been viable? The eggs were not shipped, local pick up.
    I'm not sure on the free part, lol, I'm just afraid if it's something going on her end and I get more eggs, free or not, that it will just be another disappointment.

2. TJChickens

TJChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    This time of year especially, eggs seem to be more porous. Unless you actually checked the blastodisc, there's no way to know if they were fertile. The rotten one makes the whole batch seem suspect of not being fresh, but they can also go through things during shipping that can kill them all before they get the chance to develop. Keep us posted of your decision[​IMG]. I vote, more eggs if they're free! Maybe your seller will be very careful about what she sends this time....

1 person likes this.
  3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    x2

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    2 people like this.
  5. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Yes! Get more eggs!

[​IMG]

6. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    I agree with getting more eggs. I'm working on making my coop ready for a winter with too many chickens. :lol:

7. youngchooklover

youngchooklover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2013
    yo momma
    Of course. XD
    It's Friday here. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    Tempting! I can't set that many, and I also question how they'd cope with a harsh winter cooped up with many chickens. What do you think? I'm going to a show on Sunday to search for about a dozen chicken eggs. The waiting has been difficult.

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    @chicapee is the drum for the chicken plucker a 55gal or smaller? we have a smaller one but not a 55 gal. I posted on FB to see if anyone has a 55 gal we can buy.

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    thats right it is!!! but that just means Monday comes quicker ha ha ha!!! [​IMG] nanna nanna poo poo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by