2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you guys think that even though none of the eggs showed any signs of developing at day 5 that they still could have been viable? The eggs were not shipped, local pick up.
I'm not sure on the free part, lol, I'm just afraid if it's something going on her end and I get more eggs, free or not, that it will just be another disappointment.

I ended up throwing all the eggs out, checked them and nothing developed, correct me if I'm wrong but even at day 5 there should be some signs like veins? I wonder if they were infertile, old, porous or a combination of all three.
She is offering to send me more eggs, but I'm honestly not sure I want them!

This time of year especially, eggs seem to be more porous. Unless you actually checked the blastodisc, there's no way to know if they were fertile. The rotten one makes the whole batch seem suspect of not being fresh, but they can also go through things during shipping that can kill them all before they get the chance to develop. Keep us posted of your decision
pop.gif
. I vote, more eggs if they're free! Maybe your seller will be very careful about what she sends this time....

This time of year especially, eggs seem to be more porous. Unless you actually checked the blastodisc, there's no way to know if they were fertile. The rotten one makes the whole batch seem suspect of not being fresh, but they can also go through things during shipping that can kill them all before they get the chance to develop. Keep us posted of your decision
pop.gif
. I vote, more eggs if they're free! Maybe your seller will be very careful about what she sends this time....
x2

pop.gif
Yes! Get more eggs!

I just listed Runner duck eggs on the 24 hour auction thread if anybody wants to try hatching ducks for Halloween! Their incubation is 28 days.
Tempting! I can't set that many, and I also question how they'd cope with a harsh winter cooped up with many chickens. What do you think? I'm going to a show on Sunday to search for about a dozen chicken eggs. The waiting has been difficult.

@chicapee is the drum for the chicken plucker a 55gal or smaller? we have a smaller one but not a 55 gal. I posted on FB to see if anyone has a 55 gal we can buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom