2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storminthenight

storminthenight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ok get more eggs!!!! I got it!
    Seller is actually going to fire her bator back up and do a test hatch for me! If everything goes well she'll send more my way!

2. youngchooklover

youngchooklover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2013
    South Australia
    [​IMG] Oh dear.

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
  4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
  5. youngchooklover

youngchooklover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2013
    South Australia
  6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    1 person likes this.
  7. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS

I believe it was a 55 gallon, but was cut down. A smaller one would work too.

8. hippiestink

hippiestink Chillin' With My Peeps

Ox tallow is sold locally in Belgium (we're in Vlaams-Brabant) for use in friers for Belgian fries and fry meat. It comes in large bricks like pig lard in the states, it's very useful for my traditional bars.

I work really hard to make it all pretty, haha. Most of the stock is made with hempseed, olive, or sunflower oils, and my Laundry Soap and the Scarborough Faire bars are either full tallow or half olive-half tallow.

Officially taking notes for when I hatch my own. I used to candle eggs with my phone when I was in high school helping a friend with a hatch (it was the Ag school of the district).

OMG that room is gorgeous. I'm so jealous, the hubby hates my rustic and vintage tastes and likes ultramodern (lots of brushed steel and high-gloss white). The next house will be an attempt to marry both our tastes, which won't be easy. Luckily the kitchen will be cheap, my husband designs and builds them for a living.

HNNG. SO CUTE MY HEART JUST STOPPED.

Can I steal your coop? Just kidding, but I seriously love that table and coop. What wood did you use on the table? The grain looks beautiful.

[​IMG]HOLY COW. I'm so glad I'm not a hen! None of my girls lay double yolkers, but the yolks from Lady are almost half the mass of the egg. HUGE yolks. She's not even that big, why does she need big yolks like that??? XD

Ooh sweet, I might get to catch it! I was a junior astronomer as a kid and used to use a telescope to watch the stars and write notes. I still do some stargazing and I plan on teaching my kids a thing or two about the night sky.

BEST MEME. While you guys set all the eggs, I'll be finishing my re-reading of The Dresden Files series. I need new books to read, I've been fed up with recent offerings and I'm looking at older series that may not have gotten much attention.

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    This is a great idea!

I think I saw that they want ugly weather and visibility is to be poor here [​IMG]

I put the request up on FB and within a few seconds a friend said she has one! YAY!!!

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    @hippiestink MY TAKE on MODERN RUSTIC... our old NEW HOME was a better version... however this is our lower level here... still has trimwork etc to be completed [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ripped tiles down and sprayed ceiling, floor is paper bags, glue and poly stain

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everyone has their handprint in the floor somewhere too
    [​IMG]

SKID DISMANTLER VIDEO

HERE IS THE "HOWTUBE" VIDEO! WATCH HOW GOOD THIS STINKER WORKS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSj9NciZHZ0

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by