2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

2. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    My September hatch is down to 6 viable eggs out of 10. 4 of them look really good. My rate is already pretty bad because these are pullet eggs. One was a double yolker but only one yolk fertilized and it quit about day 10. I would be happy if any of them hatch, then the Halloween hatchers will join them in the brooder. The chicks from pullet eggs are supposed to take a while to catch up in size. Two days until I know what I'm setting for this hatchalong.

3. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Quote: @hippiestink Have you read the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant? I read them when they came out and am reading them again.

Stephen Donaldson wrote a new series and finished it in 2013.

4. AllAboutMyGirls

AllAboutMyGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2015
    MD & VA

Yeah that's the same one I have but the temp is all over the place. I'll order another one.
    Thanks

5. frmboyinthecity

frmboyinthecity Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah

Belgium is gorgeous! You live in a beautiful area.

Thank you. If you move the coop it's yours, or if you buy the coop for the right price, I'll throw my house in for free. I made it and the table entirely out of old pallet wood. I'm pretty sure the table is alder. They are 1 1/4" planks that I found on some pallets.

6. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    TJ, it does present challenges. Mine is PA and sons is RA. This junk is not good. The only way I can manage mine is thru strict diet and it's hard to get a young man to eat right but after yesterday he was freaked over his job. Sending him a care package of anti-inflammatory products and instructions. The issue that drives me up the wall (have already dealt with the other ones and just chalk it up to good days, weeks, or bad ones) is I used to be able to express myself well enough that several people wanted me to write a book............now it all comes out jumbled, I read whatever I post or email later and my jaw drops over the lack of making sense or the way it is expressed. Chickens are seriously a great way for me to keep my mind off things..........one hatch after another lately lol.

Thank you for the nail polish info!!!!

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Got the first contest up and running, which one do we want to start next?

9. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015

10. storminthenight

storminthenight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Well I just placed an order for 15 assorted eggs from a BYC member, shipping out tomorrow! Wish me better luck with these guys[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by