2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear skies here..the moon is red..pretty cool!

I didn't get to see it.
sad.png

Hello! Super excited to set eggs on October tenth! I don't have any clue what I want! I may do Khaki Campbell ducks, shucks means I would have to set them on the 3 of October, which is when I have 33 eggs hatching. We will see!

It's not much Sunny but I can offer a hand drawn portrait of a favorite fowl if interested.
oh this sounds interesting and very generous! Can we see some of your portraits! I love seeing artists work!!! so awesome @Scovy Momma

clean up coop day yah
ALWAYS such a funday NOT ha ha ha
Computer crashed mid reply. Shortened version:
Love the contest ideas.
Still planning on offering an apron.
No luck with buying eggs yet. Might not get to hatch along with y'all.
Hope all is well.
SWEET let me know when you can get a pick of it! we have plenty of time yet!!
I forget what breeds are you looking for we can all help look!
I am in PA pretty far away for shipping eggs

15! Wow. It will probably be a fun thing to share with the young ladies. I'm sure some of them have never seen a chick hatch before and may be mesmerized.
I am sure!

You need eggs!! What kind are you looking for? Someone needs to ship you some!!
lol.png

TJ is much closer!! and beautiful birds to boot!

I didn't get to see it.
sad.png
ditto

Hello! Super excited to set eggs on October tenth! I don't have any clue what I want! I may do Khaki Campbell ducks, shucks means I would have to set them on the 3 of October, which is when I have 33 eggs hatching. We will see!
WELCOME!!!! @Dawson Davidson

Last edited:
Just caught up with everything. House is a mess so I may be gone for a while.

I dunno if I mentioned but I love all the contest ideas! Will prizes ship worldwide or only to the continental US?
US but I will offer GFM if you win!

SWEET let me know when you can get a pick of it! we have plenty of time yet!! 
I forget what breeds are you looking for we can all help look! 

I have an order in for some rare eggs that should arrive in time. I'm still looking for more Brahmas since I decided to make them one of the main breeds in my flock. I have two Buff-laced cockerels and I'm only keeping one. He'll need some ladies though. I'm in Ilion, NY so PA isn't too far away. The rare eggs are shipping from TX. PM me if you find some Brahma eggs.
I'll get the apron started today.

Last edited:
I have an order in for some rare eggs that should arrive in time. I'm still looking for more Brahmas since I decided to make them one of the main breeds in my flock. I have two Buff-laced cockerels and I'm only keeping one. He'll need some ladies though. I'm in Ilion, NY so PA isn't too far away. The rare eggs are shipping from TX. PM me if you find some Brahma eggs.
I'll get the apron started today.
unfortunately mine are not laying, they are in molt, plus I only have a few until my new grow out.

Are you looking for bantams? Dick has great SQ bantams and he is just over in OH and sends eggs at a cheap price, he has many SQ breeds too! check out his page

http://horstmanspoultry.com/home.html

unfortunately mine are not laying, they are in molt, plus I only have a few until my new grow out.

Are you looking for bantams? Dick has great SQ bantams and he is just over in OH and sends eggs at a cheap price, he has many SQ breeds too! check out his page

http://horstmanspoultry.com/home.html
Thanks for the tip. I'm focusing on LF right now, although my kids fell in love with every single bantam at the chicken show yesterday. We raise them for eggs and meat, so that's why we started with several large dual purpose breeds. Our winter dinners are growing out now, but our hatches have been proportionally more cockerels than we expected. Of the 36 birds that have started here we currently have 9 hens we're keeping. We've sold, processed and given away all of the others. If I don't get more brahmas now I can always go for more in the spring. The whole plan was to get to 10 hens that we want to keep. HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom