2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Brahma are not the best egg layers either. CCL are great layers, so are BR.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I will add CCL hens can be flighty where as BR arent unless you spoil from start

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Oh boy, I had never seen that website before.... Too close to me.... oh no.... I feel a trip to Pittsburgh in my near future.... [​IMG]
    I'm not sure if I should thank you or smack you. [​IMG]

His arms look funny... [​IMG]

4. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    Thank you
    Ok, sorry I got lost. Honestly there's not always health junk going on but lately ...........wow............I need a "back from lunch" sign on my signature and an "out to lunch" one part time LOL

The white ones I thought.......were my BE eggs and they're AW. I don't care for them and certainly didn't want more......they started laying off white eggs and now I can't tell them from the BE's unless I see them laying..

Heading over to the contest rules...........

5. kdunn716

kdunn716 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2015
    Metamora, MI
    So a week or so ago I ordered 12 long island duck eggs from a seller on ebay. I sent them a message a few days ago because after a week and no status updates I was getting worried. They replied with apologies stating that they had been in an accident which stopped them from checking on their ebay account. They said that they were instead of sending me the dozen I ordered send me 3-4 dozen and refund me my shipping charge plus send them 1 day over night shipping. I declined the refund because its not really a big deal to me. But OMG 3-4 DOZEN DUCKS! lolol we better get prepared. These will be my hatch along :) i cant wait!

6. tracyjg

tracyjg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2015
    lv nv
    [​IMG] eggs now get to study law. Maybe they will be smarter to hatch. Ha ha

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I love the sexlinks for the eggs! Can't go wrong there. I prefer the Reds. An egg a day. Leghorns too. RIR's do well. I've heard a lot of people say, leghorns and RIR's are mean. Oh pooo..they are not! I have had the sweetest birds. Here is a photo of them begging for treats at the back door. They will click their nails against the metal part on the bottom to get my attention.

[​IMG]
    If you're looking for a meat bird after a long run of eggs, eggs, and eggs, then the leghorn wouldn't be a good choice. Those sex links do get pretty meaty though, and do the RIR's. :)

8. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    ,Chicken math translates to ducks too [​IMG] Good luck!

9. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    tracy, where do you live..I'm slow at times, don't understand the Iv va??? That's a lot of eggs! Are you going to hatch all of those?

10. tracyjg

tracyjg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2015
    lv nv
    L
    Las Vegas nv we our trying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by