2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    I just thought I was catching up with posts yesterday. Started a reply to all and lost it :( Had one of those crazy out of the blue GI attacks and off to bed with a cocktail. DH (I didn't tell him, he's a sweetheart) let the temps fall to app 97 overnight but am hoping it wont harm them..............................

Can someone explain the contest to me .............I'm lost..............nothing new lately LOL

Bator temps: still air 101/humidity app 35%
    forced air: 99 lockdown 65-75 hatch

The thing that gets me most: fat abs and slow to run around upright on the last batch that had been exposed to the higher humidity early on. Next hatches pretty much dry @ 35% so fingers are crossed. A heater is in the room to keep brooder and bators level. We go from 40s to upper 80s daytime........

I love reading all the posts, seeing the photos!
    Next on the list is a cooler bator like Sally and her DH made. I was going to make my first homemade one out of my cooler but couldnt quite part with it............odd attachment..........it was my best friend for years.............sat in my passenger seat in the truck and covered many miles LOL........miss my truck

Here's the last of the humidity challenged hatch a couple days ago:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    I'm so happy you are OUT of the hospital!!!! Those places are crazy making :( Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

3. DaveOmak

DaveOmak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2013
    Omak, Washington
    My Coop

...........................[​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]ummmm yea [​IMG]but but whats wit that mask?

5. tracyjg

tracyjg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2015
    lv nv
    Next hatch due oct 21 . Maybe we will get something out of that batch. There in the little giant with turner.

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OMG Brahma for meaties, ughhh they eat too much and grow way to slow for me to be meatiesit takes almost 10+months to get an EGG at least from big sq brahma!!!!! [​IMG] you should try barred rocks or something!

I love these for great all around birds, they are my mixes love them too!!!
    sexable at hatch too!

Light blue to green eggs and XL eggs too! Grow fast for meat birds!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    you just have to paint someones face and post images of what you created to win, the rules are in the contest thread!
    you can do two faces!

what are the white chicks!!

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG] go babies go

9. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    Sally, I love them! I have one barred pullet. My flock has Orpingtons and Rocks and Marans. I managed to hatch a CCL pullet too. I like the size of the Brahma, but you're right they eat a lot and grow slow. My goal for the flock is sustainable hardy dual purpose. I'm hoping the Brahma in the mix helps with that. Is that crazy?

10. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    Maybe I'll skip the Brahmas for now? 10 months for an egg is a long time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by