2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    Good luck to you too!
    @storminthenight Did you set the rare breed eggs yet?

2. Majd

Majd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    My broody hen eggs are pipping[ed]! I shall get some babies tomorrow!

3. Brat Flock

Brat Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2015
    Indiana
    I'm in! Looking for wheaten Ameraucanas to set... Lol the race is on to pick a breed or assortment :)

4. CaseyV

CaseyV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Mississippi
    If you happen to find some wheaten ameraucanas would you please let me know. I'm looking for some also. Thanks.

5. TJChickens

TJChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    Totally forgot that I have a Guinea hen setting on eggs! [​IMG] I only remember her once a day while feeding in that pen....They are not that good about hatching, so had sort of written her off....but...you never know, she may hatch something this month!

[​IMG]

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Lucky! Are they blue? Love me a blue bird.. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Wow! That's quite a set up!

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    It has been raining away here! Caught a little break in the late afternoon where it slowed to a mist, got my hoop coop moved to new ground, re-tarped, and built some new roosts to keep those chooks off the ground. Feeling pretty good. Hope to get them a suitable coop built before winter comes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Honora

Honora Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    This is my first hatch; I have 8 eggs being shared by 2 broodies & 6 in the incubator. Just candled the broody eggs last night & most of them have the air cells in the wrong place. Will the ones with the misplaced air cells have a better chance of hatching if I put them in the incubator instead? That way I could help them hatch if they need it?

9. Brat Flock

Brat Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2015
    Indiana

I did find a breeder in South Carolina. Weathering a hurricane right now but quickly answered my inquiry and is reserving the next batch (6+) I doubt that they will arrive by the 10th but I will set them when they arrive and follow behind. This is my first hatch so I will need to watch those much more experienced than me anyway. I just googled the heck out of "Wheaten Ameraucana" all day. I hope you find some, and a larger quantity than I did. I would love to compare notes as they mature!!!

10. CaseyV

CaseyV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Mississippi

I have one wheaten in the bator due to hatch the 22nd. I may wait until spring to add anymore. I'm going to pick up 8 1 month old Ayam Cemani chicks tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by