2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdunn716

kdunn716 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2015
    Metamora, MI
    Aww. I seriously cant get over how tiny they are. I look at the coturnix eggs and just think thise are tiny but those oh my goodness lol. That is a nice set up for those little guys. I would try to keep them in the house too but I think they would end up outside eventually because of the smell lol.

2. kdunn716

kdunn716 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2015
    Metamora, MI

Oh my I couldnt even imagine that many just scattering lmao i would have freaked out trying to find them all. I have that incubator haha ill keep that in mind when I go to do them :)

3. Lynn Manes

Lynn Manes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    California
    So button quail and their eggs are tinier than Cortinix quail? I can't imagine it either. We raise Cortinix mostly bc they are the only ones I've seen around here for sale.

4. TJChickens

TJChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    I thought I found them all until later I heard peeping under the fridge... Also found them in the filter of the brooder because it has 1/2 inch air holes into the air filter and they went right through! They are the size of bumble bees. About half the size of coturnix. Can't put them in chicken wire either. I had over 100 in pens outside with 1/2" wire and eventually lost them all to kingsnakes....[​IMG]
    Loved the sounds they make....

5. Lynn Manes

Lynn Manes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    California
    Wow that is really tiny. I'd love to see some in person. I'd probably want some:) Do you raise them as pets or food or eggs??

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    now that you said it, it sure is colorful! !!!

[​IMG]

Free! love it! how do you like it there so far? and for being temp, you have so many ummmm FOWL!!!! OH MY word!!! you will need a HUGE Sunday dinner before you go or else a bunch of moving tractor [​IMG]s there be feathers from BAMA to MED SCHOOL!!

[​IMG]I did that too, I hated styro bators with quail lol! thats why the coolers rock with them! ha ha ha.... heck you couldnt even try to unlplug them and flip them over cause of the plastic viewing lids falling out!

oh man!!!! little peeps

you ALWAYS have the best setups for the littles EVER NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!!

They are so cute! Thank you! for posting again for me [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. AllAboutMyGirls

AllAboutMyGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2015
    MD & VA

Thank you! I'm so excited!!! Can't wait for hatch day.

8. TJChickens

TJChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    I used to raise them for pets or aviary birds. And sold lots of hatching eggs too. There are a lot of people who like them in the bottom of their flight cages where they are raising small hookbills like parakeets, cockatiels....the buttons pick up all the fallen seed.

9. CaseyV

CaseyV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Mississippi
    I just set 4 lavender ameracaunas, 1 wheaten ameracauna, and 3 lavender Orpington eggs I received from ray_n_debi. Due to hatch October 22.
    I think I messed myself up on the hatches because my daughter turns 8 October 18, we are having her birthday party here at my house (bonfire) on oct 17. I have 104 quail hatching October 15. How am I gonna keep all those people out my brood room? Lol

10. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Thank you. I just hope none quit during lock down. I had 8 sent to me. Two didn't start at all..so went to 6 pretty quick. Then the two that just quit. Lock down is on Mon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by