2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just set my first batch of Andalusian eggs!!!

Thanks for the link :) looks like they do have some!! Now to talk my other half into maybe getting some lol. We have 33 coturnix in there now on day 6 so maybe lol. Thats awesome your in michigan too! I used to be a Yupper lol but im in SE MI now.

Not a problem. Good luck with your coturnix! :jumpy Yup, I am in that area too.

WELCOME~~~~!!!!!! :frow  OMG CHICKEN ADDICTS!!!  :hugs you should have joined us LONG LONG LONG AGO!!! Where OH WHERE have you been!!!  we have been waiting for you guys!!!  get your hubs on too!!!! We have built many incubators, what have you built? ours are in the signature below! show us yours! what do you have

We haven't built one yet. We have little giant incubators and one from China we got off ebay. I have plans for a large (900 egg) wooden cabinet, insulated with foam board insulation, and using a thermostat for reptile habitats to turn the heat lamps on and off for temp. We also want to build a separate 300 egg hatcher so we can stagger with the incubator. We have enough chickens to hatch at least 900 eggs every 3 weeks if we wanted to. Not that we will, but want to have the option to do so. We plan on selling chicks and hatching eggs this late winter and all through next year. Also turkey poults and turkey hatching eggs.

I just noticed, your in Montgomery where my Mother inlaw is from

-Yeah, sweet home Alabama! Neither DH or I are from Bama, I'm here for college. I'll be moving elsewhere for medical school in a year, then who knows where we will settle down! I'm from Missouri, he is from Louisiana. And my family lives in Florida now. So we have a lot of choices lol.

There are lots of good looking button quail eggs on Ebay right now. And remember. It's just individuals who sell on Ebay, such as me...I know sometimes people on BYC have had bad experiences with eggs off ebay, but it is the same anywhere. I often get eggs on Ebay and normally they are good sellers. Shipping, of course is always a bit of a problem for eggs.
I used to have button quail. I loved them. Good luck to those looking to hatch them! They are fun to hatch. It's like popcorn in a pan. I used one of those horrible Farm Innovator incubators one time with the little quail. That's the incubator that has a lid that's deeper than the bottom part, so when you take the top off there really are no sides around the egg tray. After the hatch was done, I opened it to get the chicks out and they literally poured out the sides and took off running around the house....like 40 of them!
gig.gif

I have quail going right now. Where did you get button eggs tho? I couldnt find any :-/
Buttons are adorable! I tried keeping them in the house for a while. Quail just belong out doors. In a nice big space. Don't have that space. :/

My DH put that poly glass all around the edge to keep the floor clean. Nice cage. I later
used it for my canary.

I never knew people did this, unless they used a still air because they just didnt have a fan... hmmmm odd
hmm.png
not a decision I would make though. to many pros to a fan the biggest is even temps if you ask me.
idunno.gif

And here I got rid of my forced fan bator, because I prefer the dry air.
hide.gif
My eggs tend to do much better in there.

Here are the photos of the dishes again. Whoever wins can pick the one they want. They have a choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom