2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavenBlue

RavenBlue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2015
    BC
    DH[​IMG] when I told him lol

2. kdunn716

kdunn716 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2015
    Metamora, MI

Haha thats funny. My 7 year old son said the same thing after he seen the eggs. He said he cant wait for me to make tiny little hard boiled eggs he can snack on lol. Ya I dont think i can. Im in Michigan. Ill just keep searching lol. Thanks tho :)

3. CaseyV

CaseyV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Mississippi
    I have coturnix going too. I'm on day 4.

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I never knew people did this, unless they used a still air because they just didnt have a fan... hmmmm odd [​IMG] not a decision I would make though. to many pros to a fan the biggest is even temps if you ask me. [​IMG]

5. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Hi fellow Michigander! :frow I am looking to hatch quail too for this HAL. :)

6. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop

Also, I think Stormbergs sells the button quail eggs right now. https://www.strombergschickens.com/...uail-Egg-Assortment/Quail-Button-and-Japanese

7. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I agree!

8. kdunn716

Sep 20, 2015
    Metamora, MI

Haha nothing heavy. Fortunately im a light weight from being pregnant for the past almost 4 years (not continuously lmao) so just a splash gives me a nice buzzed warm feeling lol. No rain here right now. Its cold tho and windy. Hope you got your drink last night lol girl scouts?! Ya id need one hahaha.

9. kdunn716

Sep 20, 2015
    Metamora, MI

Thanks for the link :) looks like they do have some!! Now to talk my other half into maybe getting some lol. We have 33 coturnix in there now on day 6 so maybe lol. Thats awesome your in michigan too! I used to be a Yupper lol but im in SE MI now.

10. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    Fans back on as in PM.
    Ya know......this is a very colorful thread! Foul of all types, sewing, drawing, cooking, costumes and contest photos! It's nice looking at all of them. For now this hatch due tomorrow is my last for ap a week and a half yayyy. Need a break. Too many trips coming up then settle back in for the ones I put in the bator yesterday[​IMG]

At least they're a decent hatch rate even if I did have to help to the point of exhaustion..........fun exhaustion lol.

Tai I tried making my own aprons from a couple patterns and failed miserably. It kept sliding over on the hen. Your's are gorgeous!

I'm excited for everyone with hatches happening and coming up. I'll post some pics too when my company gets here and settled in. A Chicken Sitter:) and a dog sitter, and.

That makeup for your son is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Never would I have guessed he was 20

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by