2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My broody hen eggs are pipping[ed]! I shall get some babies tomorrow!

Totally forgot that I have a Guinea hen setting on eggs!
hmm.png
I only remember her once a day while feeding in that pen....They are not that good about hatching, so had sort of written her off....but...you never know, she may hatch something this month!

It has been raining away here! Caught a little break in the late afternoon where it slowed to a mist, got my hoop coop moved to new ground, re-tarped, and built some new roosts to keep those chooks off the ground. Feeling pretty good. Hope to get them a suitable coop built before winter comes.

This is my first hatch; I have 8 eggs being shared by 2 broodies & 6 in the incubator. Just candled the broody eggs last night & most of them have the air cells in the wrong place. Will the ones with the misplaced air cells have a better chance of hatching if I put them in the incubator instead? That way I could help them hatch if they need it?

If you happen to find some wheaten ameraucanas would you please let me know. I'm looking for some also. Thanks.

I did find a breeder in South Carolina. Weathering a hurricane right now but quickly answered my inquiry and is reserving the next batch (6+) I doubt that they will arrive by the 10th but I will set them when they arrive and follow behind. This is my first hatch so I will need to watch those much more experienced than me anyway. I just googled the heck out of "Wheaten Ameraucana" all day. I hope you find some, and a larger quantity than I did. I would love to compare notes as they mature!!!

I did find a breeder in South Carolina. Weathering a hurricane right now but quickly answered my inquiry and is reserving the next batch (6+) I doubt that they will arrive by the 10th but I will set them when they arrive and follow behind. This is my first hatch so I will need to watch those much more experienced than me anyway. I just googled the heck out of "Wheaten Ameraucana" all day. I hope you find some, and a larger quantity than I did. I would love to compare notes as they mature!!!

I have one wheaten in the bator due to hatch the 22nd. I may wait until spring to add anymore. I'm going to pick up 8 1 month old Ayam Cemani chicks tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom