2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way I heard chirping in the bator this morning. Yep. My DH just so happened to be standing in the door way talking to me, when all of a sudden I say...No Way! He says, I heard peeping. Yesterday they went into lock down. No pip, so internally pipped. I will have to talk to my friend and see if her eggs hatch early. My temps were up for a while in the last week, that could do it I suppose. :p
How close to 504 hours are you?

I don't really have to worry about humidity with a broody? I could try feeding her peppers so she gets sweaty but otherwise it doesn't seem like there's much to do haha
I do make sure she has a heat lamp when the temperature drops outside.

I don't really have to worry about humidity with a broody? I could try feeding her peppers so she gets sweaty but otherwise it doesn't seem like there's much to do haha
I do make sure she has a heat lamp when the temperature drops outside.
The Broody will adjust for humidity and do just fine!

At the point where we would set up for lockdown, a broody will usually pluck her feathers out--increasing humidity.

Here is one of my favorite Serama hens in HER flower pot.

And as long as we're sharing dogs...

This is Daisy really wanting the rat that I trapped.....

The Dobermans took one look at the rat, thought it was kinda cool, then walked away. By the way, the Dobes have been perfect livestock guardians. They even know to chase away hawks but never bother any of my birds. I have a lot of pens with birds but also a front yard full of call ducks and silkies and all those odds and ends that I don't have a pen for....So the dogs are right in with a lot of birds, both outside and in the house. Daisy is good with the birds, but will kill mice. She's kind of bossy with the birds though. She thinks they are all hers....

Here is one of my favorite Serama hens in HER flower pot.

And as long as we're sharing dogs...

This is Daisy really wanting the rat that I trapped.....

The Dobermans took one look at the rat, thought it was kinda cool, then walked away. By the way, the Dobes have been perfect livestock guardians. They even know to chase away hawks but never bother any of my birds. I have a lot of pens with birds but also a front yard full of call ducks and silkies and all those odds and ends that I don't have a pen for....So the dogs are right in with a lot of birds, both outside and in the house. Daisy is good with the birds, but will kill mice. She's kind of bossy with the birds though. She thinks they are all hers....

Too precious! That's good to know about Dobermans. Our Pyrs chase off aerial predators also and that's just as important as protecting from ground predators.

tiffani, so sorry about the accident.  You will have some hatch, then the happy tears will come.  :hugs

Yes there will be happy times then

Thank you all for the support and understanding I've really enjoyed my time in this hatch along, sometimes I come to ask something and it's already been asked and answered I think it's awesome how we all come together to support each other

How close to 504 hours are you?

ron, I don't know. I didn't start the count on these. I just remember setting these in the late afternoon after getting them because they weren't shipped..just let them sit close to 10 hrs. before setting. I will be getting some NN/silkie eggs from a friend soon. I will defiantly do the count on those! Will be interesting to see.

Anyway, it is now pipped. :) I won't be worrying so much now. :) Probably won't get any more to pip until tomorrow night or the next day. Sometimes one just comes early. Pipped in a good spot too. :)

ron, I don't know. I didn't start the count on these. I just remember setting these in the late afternoon after getting them because they weren't shipped..just let them sit close to 10 hrs. before setting. I will be getting some NN/silkie eggs from a friend soon. I will defiantly do the count on those! Will be interesting to see.

Anyway, it is now pipped. :) I won't be worrying so much now. :) Probably won't get any more to pip until tomorrow night or the next day. Sometimes one just comes early. Pipped in a good spot too. :)
fl.gif

Go chickies!

Well, since we are sharing pictures of our dogs... :)
This is my Puppy Ace!
He is a German Shorthaired Pointer. We adopted him from the pound when he was about 6 months old. Someone had dumped in the desert south of Phoenix. We were immediately contacted by a local GSP rescue and had to wait the 3 days to see if he was claimed. I checked Craigslist and local sites everyday to see if someone was looking for him. Nobody was. I would've felt horrible adopting someone's loved pet. He's the best dog! He went to hunting school and is incredibly well behaved.

Last night he pointed at my incubator. Lol! I told him to leave it and went right to bed. I'll have to watch him with the ducks, but he knows the difference between my lizards and the lizards outside so I think he will understand that these are my ducks not his. There Is also a fenced run and house just for the ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom