2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I locked down my one egg yesterday. Candled it before I did really quick & he was moving very little... Now, I candled through the clear top & no movement. Nothing. I hope it's okay. :(
Today is day 19. Out of curiousity, how late do ya'll leave your eggs? 5 days past due or more?

Last edited:
I locked down my one egg yesterday. Candled it before I did really quick & he was moving very little... Now, I candled through the clear top & no movement. Nothing. I hope it's okay. :(
Today is day 19. Out of curiousity, how late do ya'll leave your eggs? 5 days past due or more?

Ive had an egg hatch 2 days past its hatch date...so just to be safe i leave any questionable eggs in the bator for 5 days :)

Thanks. ^-^
I need to take the chicks out so I can put them in the brooder.

The hatched chicks don't need to come out right away. They can go a couple of days in there and be fine.

X2 on that. Just be quick. :) keep is posted on your hatch.

So jealous of all these little cuties!! I may not hatch again for a while due to my crazy too ratio this year...but the cuteness is just killing me....

I think you need my hatch rate. This year I have only hatched one rooster when I really wanted a rooster!

My total hatch rate for roosters is 3... And pullets is 22. :confused:

It's HATCH DAY at the Bratcher Ranch!! :D

Congrats on the pips, chirping sounds, and hatches! I have some going into lock down come Sat. I think I will go ahead and put them in my other bator tonight down on their sides from the turner. Then, will candle and see how things are looking. The air cells looked better than before when I took a few out last week..was thinking thinking they weren't big enough, but they are better. Here are a few photos of the little cuties I just hatched.
Oh my! I love me a blue chick!!., Gorgeous babies, Cynthia!

Last edited:
Will do, should have a guessing thing here..how many of the 29 will hatch?   I can't believe I set that many eggs.  They were shipped, so, I figured the same thing would happen as usual, a lot not being fertile, but oh my goodness!   I'm not complaining.  I will remember this person I got them from..from E-Bay.  They have a small farm.  Not always selling.  I came across at a good time.  Great price, free shipping.  :)
Of my 23 that locked down 20 hatched last hatch 15 of 17 you just never know what will and won't hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom