2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, I have refused to change my clocks..... I rebel every year, right up until I really screw something up. Kids and hub still in PA. Animals still go by the sun.....My jobs  are based on deadlines not hours...It's all good :D

I hate coming home with my girls already in bed. I miss spending time with them. Hurry up Spring!!!

Have a 4x3x4 chicken coop 3 nest boxes hanging out the back and a Run that's 3x10 how many birds can I fit.??? Some please help
I thought it was 3-4square ft per standard chicken in coop, and 10 square feet per bird in the run.

I have 10 babies now, three more working on it..and more zips.

Here are some photos of a baby that was trying to zip..way at the top. This is what happens when you get really small air sacs. Very lucky that this one turned and pipped, then tried to zip, but it would have seriously been a zip the size of a quarter. It was zipping above the line that I had drawn. So, I helped it out. Not sure how long it had been trying, but no blood, and no yolk, it needed out! The head was flat on one side it was sooo squished in there. Glad I came home and noticed it. Took an after photo of it once the head reshaped.

See the lump on the top of the back of the head? Really was tight in there.

Doing well now!

I have 10 babies now, three more working on it..and more zips. Here are some photos of a baby that was trying to zip..way at the top. This is what happens when you get really small air sacs. Very lucky that this one turned and pipped, then tried to zip, but it would have seriously been a zip the size of a quarter. It was zipping above the line that I had drawn. So, I helped it out. Not sure how long it had been trying, but no blood, and no yolk, it needed out! The head was flat on one side it was sooo squished in there. Glad I came home and noticed it. Took an after photo of it once the head reshaped. See the lump on the top of the back of the head? Really was tight in there. Doing well now!
What a cutie!

I have 10 babies now, three more working on it..and more zips.

Here are some photos of a baby that was trying to zip..way at the top. This is what happens when you get really small air sacs. Very lucky that this one turned and pipped, then tried to zip, but it would have seriously been a zip the size of a quarter. It was zipping above the line that I had drawn. So, I helped it out. Not sure how long it had been trying, but no blood, and no yolk, it needed out! The head was flat on one side it was sooo squished in there. Glad I came home and noticed it. Took an after photo of it once the head reshaped.

See the lump on the top of the back of the head? Really was tight in there.

Doing well now!

woot.gif

Congrats on the hatch!

The first 2 are out they hatched exactly the same time.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Sally, why yes, yes I do stay up for my babies to hatch. Well, sort of. I have the bator in a guest bedroom, so, there is a bed that is nice and comfy...when I hear a frantic, oh my goodness I just hatched scream, I get up and take my babies out and put them into the brooder. I have 7 babies this morning! Have I ever said that I love love hatching EE's! I love all of the different colors! It's like Christmas and you're waiting to unwrap a gift, you never know what will show up.
These photos aren't the best, but for now, here are my 7 and I think you were asking what everyone did for separation in their brooders. I do want these babies to be together eventually, so there is a photo of the way I do it.

Here is how I separate them. Just a wire between them that fits tight. I am taking
the photo through the top wire, that I lay the lamp on.

A few single shots to show muffs!

I see now that the kind of separator you were asking about is .. when..the eggs are in the bator. I think..?? I don't know what I think .. sometimes..just don't know. Anyway, there's a photo of my in the brooder separator..and I don't use a separator in the bator, there have been times I wish I had! I like ron's idea of the fruit baskets though.
love colors!!!! congrats!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom