2015 New York Chickenstock

Do you have anything for the Littles to do? I have 1, Luv has 2, Tab has 3, JLaw has 3, Lynzii had 2 and they all played on the swing set and trampoline last year. Well, Nora was passed around for holding
wink.png
I didn't have to worry much, because it was all fellow BYCers at the gathering with spouses and maybe a couple friends. If this is inviting the general public and Craigslist creepers... Don't think my 4 year old would be into watching the butchering demo with hubby and I.
I have been thinking about that. Because there is a chance of so many "outsiders" (not that it is a bad thing) I am hoping to leave my littles at home. I will worry too much about them if they run off.

Do you have anything for the Littles to do? I have 1, Luv has 2, Tab has 3, JLaw has 3, Lynzii had 2 and they all played on the swing set and trampoline last year. Well, Nora was passed around for holding ;) I didn't have to worry much, because it was all fellow BYCers at the gathering with spouses and maybe a couple friends. If this is inviting the general public and Craigslist creepers... Don't think my 4 year old would be into watching the butchering demo with hubby and I.

Actually I don't have anything as I don't have littles besides grand babies and had thought of a bouncy house or something but I am paying for portable toilet rentals so I doubt I will be renting a bouncy house if the folks with littles would like to get together and pitch in for one I wouldn't have a problem with one set up here. But this is the other thing I do have lots and lots of land 150 acres but it is a busy rd in front and on this property is a very deep fast moving creek granted it is a ways walk but still children should be supervised at all times to make sure. As far as craigslist creepers and general public just because you are a BYC member doesn't make you a good guy honestly we know what we each type on here but that means nothing and until last years chickenstock I had only met a very few of you and still have only met a few of you . Honestly I wouldn't remember a lot of you if I ran into you at a store so in my opinion it really doesn't matter if the person is from craigslist or general public or BYC we are mostly all strangers that have a general interest.

Is it possible that all of us ( BYC'ers ) set up together ? If we can each set up an e-z up or something similar in a row or U - shape. At least we'd be in the same general area

Just a thought
hide.gif

I don't think may people will come if they are not into chickens - so I really don't think there would be an issues .... use BYC give it a festive feel anyhow - and that is catching to people - setting up the flavor of the day - people usually go along.

Always good to be mentally prepared -but I think the chances are low - so with just our nametags - I think that will carry the day ...

I don't think may people will come if they are not into chickens - so I really don't think there would be an issues .... use BYC give it a festive feel anyhow - and that is catching to people - setting up the flavor of the day - people usually go along.

Always good to be mentally prepared -but I think the chances are low - so with just our nametags - I think that will carry the day ...

I agree - there won't be too many looky-loos' who want to join up with a bunch of chicken junkies....
wink.png
The offer of free food tho' always seems to attract at least one....
Nutty is right - just because we all chat about chickens, doesn't make us any the less likely to be a child predator, trust me on that one
hmm.png
'odd' people are all around us, we socialize with them everyday and until they're caught, we are none the wiser. It makes me sad to say that most child abuse occurs within a family setting....... anyway on a happier note - can't wait to meet you all!!
ya.gif

I don't think may people will come if they are not into chickens - so I really don't think there would be an issues ....    use BYC give it a festive feel anyhow - and that is catching to people - setting up the flavor of the day - people usually go along.

Always good to be mentally prepared -but I think the chances are low - so with just our nametags - I think that will carry the day  ...

Exactly everyone that has responded to me is of some form of farm type either they have full farms or some form of farm animals or are selling something from their farm animals for instance one is setting up with her goats milk soaps and lotions. The only others and they are definitely farmers is there will be lots of Amish here I live in a large Amish area and they will be here some just browsing some selling.

DW is very maternal so just be prepared. She's like a she bear when it comes to kids. She's very protective. Still it's best to keep an eye on your kids.

Will this be a "dry" affair?. Drug free if you know what I mean? I respect peoples rights to do what they want in the privacy of their home but would be concerned at someone elses. Sorry but I delivered mail so I've seen some crazy stuff.

My SIL had the nerve to show up to my daughters wedding stoned!

We can bring a table and some chairs. (please mark all your stuff) We belong a church and stuff gets lost even there.
wink.png

I can bring some EE eggs if anyone has a mind. I've posted them to CL too. Might be some Olive eggers in there. I have one and a Marans roo over EE hens.

DW is very maternal so just be prepared. She's like  a she bear when it comes to kids.  She's very protective.  Still it's best to keep an eye on your kids. 

Will this be a "dry" affair?.  Drug free if you know what I mean?  I respect peoples rights to do what they want in the privacy of their home but would be concerned at someone elses.  Sorry but I delivered mail so I've seen some crazy stuff. 

My SIL had the nerve to show up to my daughters wedding stoned!  

We can bring a table and some chairs. (please mark all your stuff)  We belong a church and stuff gets lost even there. ;)   

I can bring some EE eggs if anyone has a mind.  I've posted them to CL too. Might be some Olive eggers in there. I have one and a Marans roo over EE hens. 

Absolutely is a dry affair no drugs no consumption if alcohol either. Definitely bring those eggs some one (probably me) will buy them

Back
Top Bottom