2015 New York Chickenstock

Not You ! do you live in UK ? obviously has your sense of humor though ...
lau.gif
And how do you know it's not me?

I use them for the back but clear plastic for the front. First year I used them on top and they won't hold the snow. What a mess. I gradually replaced tarps on top with metal corrugated stuff.

I'm hoping Pawxtawny Phil is wrong.

Just remember - Punky Pete is simply a giant rodent, he could be related to a weather forecaster - but I don't think so.............
wink.png

Hey in snow country (lewis county) i used the 6 mil on our run, and when it was minus 32F - the plastic just ripped all apart- as if it shattered into pieces. Now I have a blue tarp on the run to keep the wind and snow out. :/
We had a similar problem when we first did our attached run..
We used Galvanized Steel Field Fencing to enclose the whole run

To keep the snow out we covered it with heavy plastic ..it was impossible to clean off ...
I used a metal snow rake very carefully ...and if I didnt clean it off it collapsed under the weight ...of the snow
By spring I had enough of it ..
My hubby came up with the idea to cover the coop & run with a roof ..Best decision we ever made ..
I dont have to worry about rain or snow

Hey in snow country (lewis county) i used the 6 mil on our run, and when it was minus 32F - the plastic just ripped all apart- as if it shattered into pieces. Now I have a blue tarp on the run to keep the wind and snow out. :/

I am wondering if it's the brand/type of plastic. My first year I used it and it was fine. Last year was crap, broke up too. I also think "fresh" is better. What I had last year was not new purchased stuff.

It also may be the thickness. I used plastic drop cloths once and they were fine but another brand did not. The first year they were much clearer.

I use cardboard pieces to staple through. That keeps it from ripping.

This plastic worked just fine. I eventually cut if off gradually as the temp went up.

Not sure what year this was. I intend to tear off the plastic asap. I've never had it break up in the cold, but summer sun kills it. Same with the plastic milk jugs I use in the garden. Plastic "off gases". It dries out. All plastic "off gases".

Last edited:
Rancher-- My raspberry plants always send up new shoots, I can dig some up for you.

Tab I would love a few of them Raspberry shoots too

any thought to a BYC tent ? will our members get lost in the crowd ?
Oh and name tags so we can recognize everyone ...

I'll be joining Metella under the yellow tent, so we'll share a spot
smile.png

Last year the event was also open to the community and we all found each other just fine. Not sure if a lot of others showed up. I can bring name tags though as my thing to bring so we can all know who's who
smile.png
I already Planned on Name tags for everyone and figure the BYC people we will put your BYC name and your real name

Original message sent by ann p on 2/5/15 at 9:36am
Quote:
Original message sent by nuttyfrom6kids on 2/5/15 at 9:32pm
Quote:
Original message sent by ann p on 2/6/15 at 11:37am
Quote:

Some updates for Chickentstock
I will be holding some raffles
One will be a raffle for a Chick starter package it will include a 25lb Bag of Chick starter feed, A quart waterer and feeder, and some homemade flock Blocks. This is not going to be your traditional Raffle this one to get a ticket you bring either a Canned good or a non perishable food item for each item you bring you will get one Ticket. This food will be going to the food Pantry at the Point Rock United Methodist Church.

Second Raffle will be for a new chainsaw this one Tickets will be $5 each or 5 for $20 proceeds for this will also Benefit the Point Rock United Methodist Church.

I will hold a 3rd raffle just haven't figured it out yet.

Do you have anything for the Littles to do? I have 1, Luv has 2, Tab has 3, JLaw has 3, Lynzii had 2 and they all played on the swing set and trampoline last year. Well, Nora was passed around for holding ;) I didn't have to worry much, because it was all fellow BYCers at the gathering with spouses and maybe a couple friends. If this is inviting the general public and Craigslist creepers... Don't think my 4 year old would be into watching the butchering demo with hubby and I.

Back
Top Bottom