2015 New York Chickenstock

Still trying to get a list of things that I will be bringing, but the short list so far includes Magpie Duck hatching eggs and/or possibly ducklings, Blackberry jelly, aprons, and potholders. Just picked up some more chicken fabric to make some more!

So, this is more of a public event, rather than a NY BYC group event?
It has always been my understanding that anyone could come you didn't have to belong to BYC and BYC is a group that anyone can join. This was copied from last years chickenstock Come one Come all! All are welcome to attend. Plus when I asked if my husband could attend even though he was not part of BYC I was told anyone could attend you didn't have to belong to BYC.

Love the flyer!!

My daughter 10 yo may want to have a table to sell her crafts. I will ask her and get back to you.
No problem have plenty of space for her to set up a table. What Crafts does she make?

Oh ! I'm getting tickets for those strawberries !!!

Nutty - I have extra twine from my hay bales - I can bring a big hunk - can be used for bags - or closing cage doors or whatever ... so I'll bring a hunk and people can take what they need.

Anyone here have ideas on crafts or things that can be done with hard twine ?
Oh I am getting tickets for them too!

I just looked up baleing twine on Pintrest and there were tons of ideas. I like the rug that I saw. Also saw a belt, baskets and read that you could make a hammock and pot scrubbers too. Lots of neat things you could make.
Hmmm never thought of that I have tons of Bailing twine too between the goats, sheep and the pigs we go through lots of hay bails here.

If the garden fairies co-operate, I should have several 1st year strawberry plants for sale, they are runners from my strawberry beds - fingers crossed! I also hope to have a variety of potted herb cuttings from my herb bed and an assortment of started veggie plants. Can't wait to get started in the yard already - even tho' it's covered with several inches of the white stuff..... can't wait for Chickenstock.....
wee.gif

How are you at basket weaving?? I saw a neat idea using twine to make a basket - can't remember where I saw it tho' (I have CRS disease)
lau.gif
I am so itching for spring and to be outside doing things. Oh wait I have CRS disease too so I might not even remember what spring is
lau.gif

I plan to come too. Don't know what I'll bring, have to figure it out closer to the event. On the flyer, there was another their toward the bottom ...
Stupid Auto Correct and me are going to go round and round but thanks will get it fixed good thing I didn't print any yet

Still trying to get a list of things that I will be bringing, but the short list so far includes Magpie Duck hatching eggs and/or possibly ducklings, Blackberry jelly, aprons, and potholders. Just picked up some more chicken fabric to make some more!
Ok that Blackberry Jelly can you make it with Splenda and do you got a picture of the aprons? I will probably want one.

Ok that Blackberry Jelly can you make it with Splenda and do you got a picture of the aprons? I will probably want one.
I am going to try to make some with it next week after I pick u some more jars. If it turns out good I will make a 2nd batch! I have enough black berries in the freezer to make a few batches. been procrastinating. I make a few different kinds of aprons. I will get some pictures to post

I am going to try to make some with it next week after I pick u some more jars. If it turns out good I will make a 2nd batch! I have enough black berries in the freezer to make a few batches. been procrastinating. I make a few different kinds of aprons. I will get some pictures to post

Love me some blackberry jelly or jam but can not have sugar so it ahs to be splenda. Can't wait to see the pictures I could use a good apron or 2

Rancher-- My raspberry plants always send up new shoots, I can dig some up for you.

That would be great. I swear everything I read is "Oh they're so easy to grow" "Oh they grow in any kind of soil", blah, blah, blah. Well I've yet to read they're easy to grow for everyone but Rancher Hicks! I try and try I've got maybe three plants surviving out of 20.
rant.gif
I'm just to stupid to give up I guess.

If it were mushrooms they'd be growing all over the place cuz I hate mushrooms.
lol.png

Looks good !

the first their  should be there ....

I think this will be GREAT !!!   and it should draw lots of new people to your store too - so this may have been the perfect year for you to host !  :thumbsup

Nutty - I guess you could call me a vendor ?   I will have a vendor type tent (yellow) and the list of what people here want to buy and trade - all that stuff will be under the tent with maybe some extras.   :)      So can you reserve me a spot ?  

I will have a list of my own feed orders for you in advance ....   I will need some help in loading up the feed .... I can handle 50 pounds - but not so much 100 pounds!

THANKS !!!

I'll be joining Metella under the yellow tent, so we'll share a spot :)

Last year the event was also open to the community and we all found each other just fine. Not sure if a lot of others showed up. I can bring name tags though as my thing to bring so we can all know who's who :)

Back
Top Bottom