2015 New York Chickenstock

I looked into the price of plastic panels - like they have on big greenhouses - mucho expensivo!!
th.gif

Home Depot and Lowes have them. An 8' panel is about $15-16. They also come in longer lengths. They're not quite 24" wide, but I buy them when I can and just add it to my run, replacing metal panels.

I hope to use metal panels over the top of my hoop and put a ventilation cupola on.

HD website shows a 26" x 8' panel for $14.48. Another is $21.62. Not sure which is see through clear or just light filtering clear.

You can check Lowes web site for pricing there..

Home Depot and Lowes have them. An 8' panel is about $15-16. They also come in longer lengths. They're not quite 24" wide, but I buy them when I can and just add it to my run, replacing metal panels.

I hope to use metal panels over the top of my hoop and put a ventilation cupola on.

HD website shows a 26" x 8' panel for $14.48. Another is $21.62. Not sure which is see through clear or just light filtering clear.

The $14 is clear PVC and the $21 is probably polycarbonate. I have used both. The polycarbonate holds up better to sunlight (they say).

I used a lot of the PVC for this year's building projects and it is holding up well as roof, windbreak wall, and window. I discovered that it could be cut with a large pair of scissors
wee.gif
It is also super flexible and would probably work well over a hoop coop. When I trimmed it outside in freezing temperatures it cracked, but inside where it is warm there was no problem. Last year I attached it over the windows with regular screws and some of them went right through it. This year I used roofing screws with a rubber gasket and it worked really well. A good product for the price.

The $14 is clear PVC and the $21 is probably polycarbonate. I have used both. The polycarbonate holds up better to sunlight (they say).

I used a lot of the PVC for this year's building projects and it is holding up well as roof, windbreak wall, and window. I discovered that it could be cut with a large pair of scissors
wee.gif
It is also super flexible and would probably work well over a hoop coop. When I trimmed it outside in freezing temperatures it cracked, but inside where it is warm there was no problem. Last year I attached it over the windows with regular screws and some of them went right through it. This year I used roofing screws with a rubber gasket and it worked really well. A good product for the price.

It's definitely a warm day project. I have some heavy metal panels I got for free. I could alternate these with the clear panels to stretch things out a bit on the coop or run.

I checked Lowes' prices - for the size of the greenhouse the number of panels I would need works out too expensive at this time - but something for when I get richer...
smile.png
thanks for the info.

It's definitely a warm day project. I have some heavy metal panels I got for free. I could alternate these with the clear panels to stretch things out a bit on the coop or run.

Yes, I purposely did that in my coops to give them skylights and it gives them so much more light unless it is covered in snow. It will be a dark day tomorrow for sure.

I checked Lowes' prices - for the size of the greenhouse the number of panels I would need works out too expensive at this time - but something for when I get richer...
smile.png
thanks for the info.

What you could do is build your hoop to accept the panels and start out with a couple on top then use plastic on the sides, adding more panels as money allows. I hope to replace the tarps on mine with panels so the light comes in and still use smaller less expensive tarps on the sides. The tarps would slide up under the panels which would be screwed down.

Nutty, did you want your list of things for sale added to the document? Just wanted to check as I wasn't sure if you'd rather wait till closer when you know all the things and chicks you will have.

Yes it is and I will be making up a flyer to hang around so if anyone would like a copy of it to put around the area you live let me know. I think it would be great to have a huge turnout.

Back
Top Bottom