2015 Pacific Poultry Breeders Association Show NOW MODESTO

Attention! If you are coming to the PPBA show. There has been talking about bringing rescue chickens to the show, possibly for re-homing. We must ask that you do not bring any birds that are not entered in the show or that have registered sale cages. With this high security situation of the Avian Influenza outbreak, it is important to take the health and safety of birds actually entered in the show into the highest consideration. Our show is an event promoting purebred poultry bred to the standard for breeding and exhibition purposes and while we care about all domestic poultry, we owe it to our exhibitors who have worked hard preparing their birds for a long time to ensure a safe healthy environment. Any birds found that do not fit into the categories listed above will need to be removed from show premises. People who bring these birds will also be asked to leave. Thank you for your cooperation.
--PPBA Show Committee

Hello all. So I had completely forgotten about this show, but a friend of mine reminded me the other day and I'm hoping to come down there and look around Saturday, hopefully buy a bird or two. But now I've been going over this thread and reading about some kind of Avian Influenza outbreak? I'm not up to date, can someone please fill me in the situation so I can decide whether or not I really want to bring any birds home?
PS if it is safe, does anyone know if there will be any O-shamo for sale there? Or LF Cornish?

Good Morning,

I am interested in BCM eggs, but, the other colors which lay dark color eggs will be fine as well. Please let me know if you will have eggs available for sale.

Thank you,

Lual

More stuff about the show, read on Facebook. Someone posted his opinion that free ranging birds should not be brought to the show. Several people that I respect agreed with him.
My birds do free range or range in pens that are exposed to sparrows & songbirds. They are not exposed to waterfowl. I don't think I live directly in the flyway, rarely see ducks or geese fly overhead. None of my birds are sick. I do visual inspection every day on every bird.
Do you think that the show staff does not want free ranging birds entered in the show?

More stuff about the show, read on Facebook. Someone posted his opinion that free ranging birds should not be brought to the show. Several people that I respect agreed with him.
My birds do free range or range in pens that are exposed to sparrows & songbirds. They are not exposed to waterfowl. I don't think I live directly in the flyway, rarely see ducks or geese fly overhead. None of my birds are sick. I do visual inspection every day on every bird.
Do you think that the show staff does not want free ranging birds entered in the show?

You will not have any problems. Any backyard flock that has AI .....well.....you would know something was wrong.

w.

Good Morning,

I am interested in BCM eggs, but, the other colors which lay dark color eggs will be fine as well. Please let me know if you will have eggs available for sale.

Thank you,

Lual
I assume you are directing this at chrissyr? Try sending her a PM offline and see if she can bring you some!

Good Morning,

Thank you,

Lual

I assume you are directing this at chrissyr?  Try sending her a PM offline and see if she can bring you some!

Hi Didolan,
My message was directed at Marans breeders. Chrissyr has lovely birds, and noticed that she is selling combination of eggs. I am interested in Marans eggs only.
Lual

Back
Top Bottom