2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Pics
Hello! My name is Rachel. My dad told me yesterday we would be getting some peafowl eggs from someone and they dropped them off today. I have 4 eggs total. No idea which type or anything, and I have no experience hatching them. I was hoping to set them tomorrow since I don't know how old they are. Does anyone have an advice for a peafowl newbie? I'm not sure I'll get to keep them if they hatch since I live in the middle of the city but having a successful hatch would be nice.
What type of incubator do you have?

-Kathy

Quote: My peafowl eggs hatch between 26 and 28 days, and I try not to let my humidity go over 45%. All pea eggs are more or less the same color, so no need to post them unless you want to.
wink.png

Maybe others will reply about what settings they use.

-Kathy

Weight loss on the current four as of day 26:
12%
17%
11%
13%

Interestingly, 11% is the one that has pipped externally.

-Kathy

The peachick I assisted hatch on Tuesday is doing great. It was kinda iffy as I thought it seemed a bit too weak and continued to have a ticking to its every breath but now 3 days old it is flapping about and drank for the first time last night on its own. I did tape it's legs as it had one that kept going out to one side so just in case I wanted to have them right as it was on its belly legs spread more than I liked.

Today I weighed and it's lost some of that baby weight. From 84g at hatch to 70g Day 3.

It's navel completely closed and healed just perfectly. Here's to hoping for a girl.

Oh and I'm guessing this is a IB. Would that appear accurate? These were shipped eggs with a variety of possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom