2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

There is a thread for goose hatch a long....does anyone use a goose egg turner and if so do the eggs go on the sides in the mesh or upright?

I use the turner on my Brinsea for my goose eggs. I put them in on their sides and also manually turn them 180 degrees once a day.

This is what im using it shows them on their sides but I shouldnt have to hand turn them

Put them on their sides in that turner. I don't 'have' to turn them once a day like I do but it was recommended in Pete's awesome hatching guide and it does help the chorio-allantoic membrane grow faster and it improves hatch rate, so I do it. It's easy enough to do while I'm misting anyway.

Last edited:
Put them on their sides in that turner. I don't 'have' to turn them once a day like I do but it was recommended in Pete's awesome hatching guide and it does help the chorio-allantoic membrane grow faster and it improves hatch rate, so I do it. It's easy enough to do while I'm misting anyway.

They are but wasnt sure if they were suppose to be upright trying to improve my hatchrate as all i ever can get to hatch is one lol i hate hand turning lol

They are but wasnt sure if they were suppose to be upright trying to improve my hatchrate as all i ever can get to hatch is one lol i hate hand turning lol

Have you read Pete's hatching guide? If you do everything in it you should get a pretty good hatch rate - more than one hopefully! Hand turning once a day isn't horrible especially since you will be misting and cooling them anyway.

Have you read Pete's hatching guide? If you do everything in it you should get a pretty good hatch rate - more than one hopefully! Hand turning once a day isn't horrible especially since you will be misting and cooling them anyway.

Ive tried misting,cooling none ever hatched that way I had better luck putting them upright in my chicken turner and upping the humidity lol

Back
Top Bottom