2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Pics

:yesss:

Now to hope I actually get more. Still no eggs for a week now. Everyone is locked in just case they had a nest going elsewhere.

My incubator finally came in and now I need to drive an hour to pick it up! I had it delivered to my son's house so I would have an excuse to annoy him and the little ones and give these boys some playtime with their cousins.
263a.png
Lucy is laying an egg right now, it would be nice if one of these 2 would decide to sit on some of them so my mom's dog would stop coming over to eat! She has eaten 5 eggs this week, at least they were old. I'm getting ready to put a hole in one and fill it with red pepper and hope the egg doesn't leak inside goose house.

You can cover the hole with melted candle wax to seal it up. I've got one I'm about to fill up for my brother's dog. I caught him eating my eggs in the goose house. Got rid of the rats, got a few more eggs & then they were gone again. Thought it was crows this time but nope it's just the dog.

Oh great idea, thank you! She is on my last nerve, at least she doesn't mess with the chickens anymore. I beat her pretty good with the last one she killed and then tied it around her neck, problem solved, hopefully she only eats one last egg and it fixes this problem. She better grow out of it or she's going to disappear, I'll be nice for a little longer since she is only 8 months or so old. My dogs haven't touched chickens or eggs but they hate cats and squirrels.

Hello, old friends and new.
frow.gif
It's past time I posted on this thread, even though I'm not sure if/when I will be hatching this year. I finally got my goose numbers down to 30, and don't want that number to swell back up. But I usually lose at least 1-2 females every year, so hubby set up a breeder pen, just in case I decided to separate one of my favorite breeder pairs to set a few eggs. In the meantime, I'll just sit back and read about everyone else's fun!

well just got my first eggs my American blues started my dewlap Toulouse im still waiting last year all they gave was males need females anyway spring has sprung the best to everybody

Well it looks like for the first time since 2012 I will be without geese. I sold Stormy & Ethel today, a long with my saddle back & pied Tufted Roman x Brown Chinese geese. I have Ethel's daughter & a pair of white Chinese left to sell, which I have someone wanting to come get them this week. Surprisingly I'm not regretting it. I think I just need to take a small break & then maybe start back up again later on. Once these last 3 leave I will be completely bird free for the first time in 12 years.

Back
Top Bottom