2017 Gosling Hatch a long!!

Pics
I've got an internal pip
pop.gif
So exciting!!
pop.gif

Unless I want to set a new batch of eggs, it looks like I may not be hatching eggs in my bator after all. The monster egg I was excited to set has twins growing in it, so I will have to abort it. Will try to take pictures candling it this evening, since it is quite rare to see two spiders. I took the other two eggs from my bator and gave them to a broody goose yesterday, which she happily took. Now it will be up to her to hatch babies for me. In the meantime, I picked up three baby blue cochins at our feed store, so I have babies in the house to raise. I also have another goose, two muscovies and one domestic duck sitting, and expect to see waterfowl babies in a couple of weeks, which will be fun.
big_smile.png

I have some more goslings hatching i have one thats been making noise for two days. I can hear peeping i decided to make an external pip hole i looked in thinking it was internally pipped. I see the membrane still intact with it breathing and peeping behind it. So i put a small piece of wet paper towel with tape over my external pip i know it takes a long time for a larger egg to hatch do i just wait it out for the chick to internally pip still before i add humidity or do i add it.

Back
Top Bottom