2018 Hatchalong

Pics
All six goose eggs hatched. 2 ducks...so far...still some peeping going on!
IMG_3312.JPG.jpeg

My Sebastopols hatched 11 goslings this week. One goose had 6 and one had 5. They both stepped on and smashed one each of course before I could take them. Dumb geese.

Your pilgrim gosling is a very cool color!

Congrats on the hatches, everyone! Only a few weeks before I can post pics, too. :)

My Sebastopols hatched 11 goslings this week. One goose had 6 and one had 5. They both stepped on and smashed one each of course before I could take them. Dumb geese.
You know Sebastopols are rather clumsy geese and they make poor parents. You should have been more careful.

You know Sebastopols are rather clumsy geese and they make poor parents. You should have been more careful.

They smash them in the nest. They do it most every year with at least one. Its unavoidable unless I incubate the eggs myself and I'm not doing that.

I know a few sebbies that are actually quite good at sitting. Loss of eggs and babies to being smashed or some other random accident, is pretty normal stuff. I've lost count of how many duck and goose babies I've lost over the years that way. Granted, I have a very large flock.

Back
Top Bottom