Ended 2020 Chicken Gift-Ideas From Amazon & TSC - $25 Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
More and more and more hardware cloth! I can never seem to have enough because we are constantly redoing and expanding and keeping my flock safe is one of the best things I can do for them!

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/garden-zone-48-in-h-x-100-ft-w-hardware-cloth-1-2-in
164422F1-7666-44C5-A3EE-D514369933C0.png

This is my go to outside of this very website. It’s no secret that our beloved chooks look for new ways to get sick and die all the time- puzzling us in terms of a diagnosis being very medically Enigmatic Creatures as a whole. And when a chicken falls ill, since they hide it until they are in serious danger of crossing the rainbow bridge- for those of us who see them as pets- it is a feeling of helpless desperation and rather dramatic. And vets who see poultry are few and far between. So we often end up our own vet fighting for the birds life metaphorically blinded. Most people know the common care requirements for cats and dogs. And of course, every corner in every town has a vet that will see dogs and cats. But chickens? The receptionist at the vet’s office usually says, in a puzzled tone, “Did you say a CHICKEN?!” Soooooo... in times like this, I log on to backyardchickens.Com and create a post or search the existing posts and while I’m waiting for the other knowledgeable bird lovers to give me some advice, (usually @casportpony is one of them for sure!) I grab the my latest edition of the chicken health handbook by Gail Damrow. I actually got my copies (yes, I have more than two latest editions) at TSC, but for some reason I did t see it on their website so here is the amazon link.
The Chicken Health Handbook (aka the chicken bible in times of distress)
All chicken “tenders” MUST have a copy of this. I often browse through it when nothing is wrong, just to be prepared when something does go wrong. And throughout my copies is notes of my personal experiences when implementing the lessons in the book-more often than not- successfully, much to my and my chooks relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom