2022/2023 Emu Hatch-a-Long

Pics
I usually do it when I see the egg level back out - or when I hear it peep at me, lol.
Ok good. I do the same thing. Just don’t want them hatching while at work on the turner trays.

Speaking about work… Apparently today is “Take Your Emu to Work Day” the second one that hatched has really bad splayed legs. Found it flat as a pancake with legs out to the sides. It’s currently in my shirt with its legs taped 🤣

'the second one that hatched has really bad splayed legs. Found it flat as a pancake with legs out to the sides. It’s currently in my shirt with its legs taped'

Thre just seem to be so many mentions of splayed legs

Supreme Emu

'the second one that hatched has really bad splayed legs. Found it flat as a pancake with legs out to the sides. It’s currently in my shirt with its legs taped'

Thre just seem to be so many mentions of splayed legs

Supreme Emu
The wild emus most likely don’t encounter slippery surfaces soon after hatch.

The second hatchling got to the back of the incubator and off of the towel. So it slipped on the painted wood for a bit. Found it sprawled out flat, so just retraining its muscles/tendons with tape. So far it’s working great. Did a test stand session and it’s holding its legs together.

Well, I have three more babies from the next batch of eggs! Woo!

Also got one more out of the power outage eggs, but it is not well. Very sticky and didn't fully absorb the yolk :( We will see how it does but I'm very guarded about its prognosis.

Those little buggers are so tired for the first few days.
View attachment 3397534

Weekend at Bernie’s.
Parks And Recreation Gimme GIF

I do the same thing every year, lol. In fact just today my chance of blonde/white eggs got here. Mostly I'm trying for a white at this point, haha.

Darn post office cracked two of the eggs though, sigh. How they even managed, I don't know.

I do the same thing every year, lol. In fact just today my chance of blonde/white eggs got here. Mostly I'm trying for a white at this point, haha.

Darn post office cracked two of the eggs though, sigh. How they even managed, I don't know.
Well, they crushed part of a metal face cream container for me. So it's possible

Back
Top Bottom