Ended 2023 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

Pics
Entry 3 Bielefelder
This is Baby Spatch. He had vent prolapse so needed lots of down-there care, get swaddled and sleep nestled on my shoulder in my hair or under my chin and purrrrr! ❤️
2F8E2281-CE8E-4A27-BC5C-D2CED07EF0CB.jpeg

Entry 4 EE from Mcmurrays. 11 months.
Meet Karen, the Karen. Definitely not a bird that is into snuggles, but she’s always into the other hen’s business! Jobs include nest box inspector general and coop tattletale. She is a peeping Karen who stands directly in front of a nest and weirdly stares at hens trying to lay an egg. Mind you, Karen has not laid an egg in 4 months but is constantly policing the nests for any chance to criticize on how its supposed to be done. Love her or hate her, she’s a character and one of my favs
F1FCE965-0D1C-4478-89AD-458C89C3D4BB.jpeg

Second entry:
View attachment 3389399
Not yet to have a name, haven't found one that I've stuck with yet. This is my 5 month old Cream legbar in front of her flock litter mate, a BO. She suffered an eye injury by accidentally get pecked in the eye by somebody during the night while they were perching. It was a bad injury which we had though her eye'd be sealed shut forever. It healed and all she has now is slight scarring but they eye itself looks great. It had happened after that photo was taken case y'all were wondering. She's much bigger now. She is yet to lay an egg but I'm looking foward to it. During her injury we'd always bring her inside where it was warm and put eye cream on the eye while soaking it with warm water, and then she'd get bread afterwards. So now she is very familar with being caught and as a matter of fact i think she looks forward to being caught cause she thinks she'll get a treat.
She came from tsc as well.
How about ‘No name’

My fourth and final entry:
1675187923533.png

Xenonnut is a splash EE who is always curious. If you run, she chases you like a dog would. She's very playful and inquisitive. Lap cuddles are okay, but she'd rather be following you around for treats. Her feathers are so soft. She hasn't layed yet either but we can't wait to see her eggs this spring.

Entry 2:

This is who we refer to as "Mama Fuzz" & she holds a special place in our hearts. She is a chunky wheaten maran with fuzzy feet. She raised our very first hatch of babies and was an excellent mother. Even after she had left the chicks, she still continued to "check in" on them until they were plenty big. Her disposition before the chicks was a little stand offish but now she is a HUGE lover. She will come running to her name and seems to enjoy human touch and cuddles. ❤️ She is one of our special girls and will forever be a favorite.

mama fuzz.jpg

This is Lace. She is the reason I’m here today. When a teacher handed her to me it was “love at first site”. She was so calm and had a bad reputation. Everyone thought she would be mean because she killed her sister. But that was a previous owner, I don’t know what her living conditions were. All I know is she is liven the high life at 14+ years old. She may be missing a toe now but she loves her life. She has day 2 kid and 2 lovers. What a good girl she is. She love the kids too! Best chicken to bring to the schools.
B010EE07-4F5E-42C3-9642-77DAC65BCA37.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom