Ended 2023 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

C56308F7-D336-4988-B546-A5BE37A2B131.jpeg

Sweet little chick Blue, the Rhode Island Red, getting some love as she falls asleep. ❤️

Entry #2:

This is Sarah. She is a Whiting True Blue hen. I got her as a chick on my birthday last year. She is one of my favorite hens for her extremely friendly personality and dove-like demeanor. She loves to scratch me with her beak, which is her way of asking for a treat. She enjoys being petted and doesn't mind being picked up.

IMG_3681.JPG

Entry #3:

This is Twyla. She is an EE hen that I got last April. She's one of my favorites because she's made herself that way. She loves to jump up onto my back when she gets the chance and even my head. Of all my hens, I have probably taken the most selfies with her. She has a fun and silly personality and is very playful.

IMG_2418.JPG

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...

Do you have a favorite chicken? Maybe she's extra friendly and comes running when she sees you, or she's the biggest character in the flock. Maybe she was a rescue chicken, or you hatched her yourself! Tell us about your favorite chicken!

There will be 3 prizes!
1-month PFM, or a BYC 2023 Calendar, or a size medium "Chillin With My Peeps" Unisex Tee, in black or blue.
BYC Store Gift Certificates, t-shirts, & calendars are available to winners in the United States. If the winners are outside the United States, they will be awarded the PFM instead.

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to four pictures of your favorite chicken or chickens, and you will be entered for a chance to win!

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.

Rules:
  • An entry is one picture of your favorite bird. Please add a short description with your image in your posts. Examples...These are just examples of how to create your post, you don´t have to talk about all of them, and you can add other things you want, these are just a few guidelines in case you don’t know how to make your post.
    • Where did you get your chicken?
    • How old is your Chicken?
    • What is your chicken's name?
    • What breed is your Chicken?
  • A member can have up four entries (only one entry per post please). Each entry can be about the same chicken or four different chickens, but please include a different picture with each entry.
  • The picture needs to have been taken by you.
  • You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  • One picture per post, please.
  • ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  • Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  • All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  • Entries will be accepted until February 19th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

Photography tips from fellow BYC members:

This is Bojangles. She was bought at a Tractor Supply four years ago and was one of my first chickens. She was sold as an Easter Egger, but I believe her to me a Speckled Sussex. She is my little buddy. She's more like a dog than a chicken. She follows me around the yard while I'm working and will sit beside me whenever I'm sitting.
PXL_20221109_212129268~3.jpg

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...

Do you have a favorite chicken? Maybe she's extra friendly and comes running when she sees you, or she's the biggest character in the flock. Maybe she was a rescue chicken, or you hatched her yourself! Tell us about your favorite chicken!

There will be 3 prizes!
1-month PFM, or a BYC 2023 Calendar, or a size medium "Chillin With My Peeps" Unisex Tee, in black or blue.
BYC Store Gift Certificates, t-shirts, & calendars are available to winners in the United States. If the winners are outside the United States, they will be awarded the PFM instead.

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to four pictures of your favorite chicken or chickens, and you will be entered for a chance to win!

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.

Rules:
  • An entry is one picture of your favorite bird. Please add a short description with your image in your posts. Examples...These are just examples of how to create your post, you don´t have to talk about all of them, and you can add other things you want, these are just a few guidelines in case you don’t know how to make your post.
    • Where did you get your chicken?
    • How old is your Chicken?
    • What is your chicken's name?
    • What breed is your Chicken?
  • A member can have up four entries (only one entry per post please). Each entry can be about the same chicken or four different chickens, but please include a different picture with each entry.
  • The picture needs to have been taken by you.
  • You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  • One picture per post, please.
  • ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  • Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  • All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  • Entries will be accepted until February 19th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

Photography tips from fellow BYC members:

This is CockCock. He's a year and a half old and was hatched by me. His daddy was a Rhode Island Red and his mom a White Leghorn. He's not a looker but he's the sweetest rooster I've ever known. He's never once had a problem with the other roosters and is very loving to all newcomers.
PXL_20221109_213020747~5.jpg

Noodles was the only female chick from my second incubator hatch. She's a millefleur d'uccle and is just over a year old (birthday October 22nd 2021). As a chick, she reminded me of another chicken I used to have, he had recently died at the time, and she was my coping mechanism. Today we are still really close and comes and sits on my lap whenever I am in the run.

IMG-20230211-WA0025.jpg

Back
Top Bottom