22 week red sex link not laying

Her four ‘siblings’ have perfectly fluffy butts and are healthy. My Japanese Bantam roo and 2 hens are also perfectly healthy. I don’t see how Little Red’s problem would be anything contagious. I’ll get her fanny feathers clipped tomorrow.

Two of those hens laid yesterday!
What color were the eggs?

I had 5 Red Sex Link that are 22 weeks old and still no eggs. They are fed layer pellets and get plenty of grit and egg shells (baked). Ant ideas why they are not laying?

My Japanese Bantam and a Silkie are laying fine.
i was told Red Sex Link were great layers and lay one almost every day. Mine are just over a year old. I had 5 and have never gotten more than three eggs in a day from them. I have one away that had a nasty butt since it was young. She much have been laying. Now I get one every few days and two Every week or so. It has been a total waste of feed. My Bantams pretty much lay one a day. My little Silkie laid one almost every day until a dog got her.

i was told Red Sex Link were great layers and lay one almost every day. Mine are just over a year old. I had 5 and have never gotten more than three eggs in a day from them. I have one away that had a nasty butt since it was young. She much have been laying. Now I get one every few days and two Every week or so. It has been a total waste of feed. My Bantams pretty much lay one a day. My little Silkie laid one almost every day until a dog got her.
Every bird is different, it's normal to not lay every day.

Back
Top Bottom