$239 with delivery for an assemble your own coop

Riverside chicken

Hatching
10 Years
Dec 10, 2009
Has anyone had experience with buying a coop advertised on Craig's List.

It is described as $239, pre cut, delivery included? It seems small but I do not intend on many hens and it would inside my garage with access to a pen out an existing window.

Here were some of the specs sent to me.

Constructed out of tongue & groove knotty pine bead board

The design is made to complement any backyard

Finish off the look with stain or paint of your choice

Roof is removable for easy access to chickens/eggs

Side access door folds down and doubles as part of ramp

Floor is removable for easy cleanup. Made of melamine to avoid excessive bacteria.

Window in front of coop for great ventilation

Coop will fit through most doors, so it can double up as an indoor brooder.

Don't pay twice for a brooder and coop! Use the same one.

Simply add plexiglass to the window to keep in the heat and you're set!

Two nesting boxes for happy hens

Interior perch

Chicken wire is included to keep out those pesky critters

Approximate Dimension:

- Overall coop (including roof overhang and legs)

Height: 48” front, 36” back Length: 29” Width: 45”

- Inside of coop

Height: 34” front, 26” back Length: 26” Width: 37”

- Nesting boxes

Height: 12” Length: 13” Width: 12”

- Legs – 11” from ground to bottom of trim

- Ramp – 9” wide, 21” long from door opening to ground

- Door – 11” high, 10” wide

This coop is easy to put together using only a few simple tools. All pieces are PRE-CUT so there is no additional cutting necessary. Instructions are included and all pieces are labeled to help avoid any confusion.

Depending upon quality or materials and workmanship, it doesn't see too high to me. And the $295.00 includes delivery.

But that's why I hope to see a pic!

Quote:
That's not too bad. You can get plans pretty cheap though, and pine is a cheaper wood if you had the tools to cut it to size and the time to fool with it. Not too bad of a price for that pre fab though. Thanks for the link!!

Not bad at all. I would definitely add permanent ventilation at top of coop on at least two walls, or even a roof vent to boot. Cannot overemphasize ventilation. Also cannot overemphasize security, so would replace chicken wire with hardware cloth mesh. I like that it stands up way off the ground that way. Too low, and mice and other pests will take up residence. They they will breed to be an absolute nightmare. You should read the posts in "predators" about that subject.
wink.png

Compared to what I've seen elsewhere, that's a REALLY good price! And I also like the way it's raised off the ground. If it were near me, *I'd* buy it! (Don't think shipping to California would be included in that price...)

That would be good as a "starter coop"--if they have access to a nice big run or free-range. The dimensions are quite small though, not any bigger than my "quarantine coop". It really would be a tight fit even for 2 hens, so if you go that route, I would plan to upsize in the future, because I know you will want more than 2!

also, when that bottom rolls out wat, theres no floor to the coop? easy to clean sure, but does air get through on those cold Chi-Town Windy winters!! & that roof.. I would want the front or back halfs to open not left or right--& again does it let air through? & finally, wheres the cross breeze, that is SOO not eough ventalation!!! Its not bad but if your even a little handy I bet you could do better & could customize it to fit your chickens' needs...

Back
Top Bottom