2nd pullets laid her 1st egg!

May 19, 2018
Lynden,Wa
Penny (23 weeks) laid her 1st egg this morning! :celebrateHer sister Henny laid at 20.5 weeks. Penny laid in the same nesting box as Henny. She was so proud, came out strutting her stuff...:lau. Both came into the coop when I was cleaning, squatted wanting their pets. Told them they were good girls and they will get some NumNums (treats) this evening.
I had said to hubby maybe Penny is waiting for Daylight Savings Time to end. That was before I had gone out to do the last predator proofing. Had to take down 4 foot of fencing to get to the one side of the coop to put the wire skirting on. Then put the fence back up. Then went and did the daily coop clean and saw the two eggs. The older hens are finishing up their molt so I knew it was from the pullets.
Henny's egg is the darker one in the back, Penny's is the light one in front.
20181104_104228.jpg

Had a surprise this morning. Collected the 2 eggs (from Henny & Penny). Went in to clean the run, add food, fresh water, move the insoluble grit (was getting wet). Saw Penny go back into the coop. Looked in and she was back in the nesting box. Watched her, she laid a 2nd egg. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom