3-4 w. old chick not eating/drinking

Argh family won’t let me but the medicine because Ive spent too much money on chickens already -.-

it has survived the night, it looks a bit better, pecking at a little spilt food although I still have to duck its beak into water.

Any non medicine home remedies???

Aristopet have a product called " Sulphadim " for control and treatment of ceacal coccidiosis and enteritis in birds. It contains 70 mg/ ml sulfadimidine. You can buy this product at most pet shops in the bird section for around $6 . Do you have these chicks under a lamp?

Aristopet have a product called " Sulphadim " for control and treatment of ceacal coccidiosis and enteritis in birds. It contains 70 mg/ ml sulfadimidine. You can buy this product at most pet shops in the bird section for around $6 . Do you have these chicks under a lamp?
Great advice! If one can't afford $6 they probably shouldn't have chickens. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's what I think.

-Kathy

Before we jump on OP about maybe they shouldn't have chickens.......

OP is probably a kid who does not have his own money to spend on chickens that really belong to the whole family.

JMO
Fair enough, but taking care of chickens properly is not inexpensive like many think. Heck, even the cost of running in a proper heat lamp isn't cheap.

-Kathy

My thought is the kid is the only one that gives a crap. At least the chickens have somebody on their side.

Lord knows I know how much ALL of my animals cost. But, I like to think they are still better than a therapist.

Argh family won’t let me but the medicine because Ive spent too much money on chickens already -.-

it has survived the night, it looks a bit better, pecking at a little spilt food although I still have to duck its beak into water.

Any non medicine home remedies???

You can give it some powdered milk or buttermilk if you have some. If its Coccidiosis, this will help slow the disease until you can treat. However, this is not a cure-- you'll still need Corid or Sulmet.

You can give it some powdered milk or buttermilk if you have some. If its Coccidiosis, this will help slow the disease until you can treat. However, this is not a cure-- you'll still need Corid or Sulmet.
They're in Australia, I think they're called something else there.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom