3.5 week easter egger

Oh, my gosh....the face.
I can see why you thought maybe boy.
The BR's casual way of starring down the brahma rooster, is also not promising!

This is my other EE that I've been sure was a pullet and then this happened overnight. If you zoom in on the comb. Not pink, yet, but broadly concerning...
4 weeks.
20191214_184151.jpg

Oh, no! Sorry you had to lt him go! Hope he likes his new home!
Even though, I've been convinced Joey, the white one is a boy, there are no obvious gender signs, although the color pattern is still making me suspicious.
The other, who I was sure is a girl, is making me nervous with that broad comb. Suspension of disbelief for now, but 3 cockerals...I'd lose my mind! And my wallet!

Oh, no! Sorry you had to lt him go! Hope he likes his new home!
Even though, I've been convinced Joey, the white one is a boy, there are no obvious gender signs, although the color pattern is still making me suspicious.
The other, who I was sure is a girl, is making me nervous with that broad comb. Suspension of disbelief for now, but 3 cockerals...I'd lose my mind! And my wallet!
Good luck! We turned out better than I thought with only one. At 4 weeks I was worried about a few. Yes, sad we could not keep him. I hope he enjoys his new home also.

:hit
This breed can drive you crazy! No clue on sex of yours. Good luck!!! By 8-10 weeks we had a very good guess on our boy. I’m guessing yours will be the same. He let out his first crow this A.m. He left for his new home today. We will miss him:hit:hit.View attachment 1982152

Part of the reason they can be difficult to sex is because they aren't a breed. They can have any characteristics. Yours has the nice rust colored wing bars that is fully indicative of a cockerel, as well as the large comb.

Starting to think, maybe I was wrong, and little Joey may actually be a pullet after all. 5 weeks o
20191223_120603.jpg
ld now. The other ee may be a boy, but jury's still out. Here's Joey...

So, the uneven, "blocky" coloring, at this age, isn't indicative? Only after the juvenile molt? All my past EE'S have been pullets, and obviously so.

Back
Top Bottom