3.5 week easter egger

Maybe it's not showing up well. In person, the upper wing feathers are coming in pretty white with black edging at the end. Rather than the more evenly, lacy pattern I have seen on pullets.

So, I'm a little confused. The threads about the differences in color pattern, not accurate? My pullets have all followed those rules. Or are we saying that the color pattern difference at this age may change? Just want to understand.

Wow, he's gorgeous! It's so interesting to see how much his feathers changed. I think Easter Eggers are rapidly becoming my favorite type of chicken (I don't think I can say "breed", as they're really mutts). They're so diverse and fun to see what colors they and their eggs (if hens) come in.

Thanks for posting those pictures!
Yes EE are really interesting in how their colors change. At the beginning of 3 weeks I just knew he was a girl because of his even partridge coloring. Then those little red splotches started showing up.

He is really pretty and is very respectful of our personal space right now. He stays back in the crowd when giving treats and he never has tried to bite us or peck us when we pick him up. I hope he stays good for his new home. Unfortunately, we can’t keep him:(. He will go to his new home soon. He hasn’t tried to crow yet either.

Society's rooster hate is so frustrating! You can kinda see the red starting in the youngest pic. Really sad you can't keep him, if he's sweet as a teen, he's going to be a sweetheart! What's the butt right behind him? Golden laced Wyandotte?
Watch, I'll be totally the wrong and Joey, the one in these pics will be a girl and the one I've been certain is a girl will be a boy.
The BR is getting a red comb now, too. 4 weeks on Sun/Mon; I'll post him again then. He's got a lot of white,dinosaur sized legs and is HUGE. 3/4lb already!
Below, show down with the big boy and one with the black copper marans...look at how huge!
20191211_160119.jpg
20191210_132801.jpg

And then the other EE at 3 weeks
20191206_140146.jpg
20191206_140130.jpg

07927C01-5C8B-4B20-9272-EE17B3034D13.jpeg
Society's rooster hate is so frustrating! You can kinda see the red starting in the youngest pic. Really sad you can't keep him, if he's sweet as a teen, he's going to be a sweetheart! What's the butt right behind him? Golden laced Wyandotte?
Watch, I'll be totally the wrong and Joey, the one in these pics will be a girl and the one I've been certain is a girl will be a boy.
The BR is getting a red comb now, too. 4 weeks on Sun/Mon; I'll post him again then. He's got a lot of white,dinosaur sized legs and is HUGE. 3/4lb already!
Below, show down with the big boy and one with the black copper marans...look at how huge!View attachment 1980666 View attachment 1980667
And then the other EE at 3 weeksView attachment 1980668 View attachment 1980669
Oh no. The barred rock coloring is not looking hopeful! I’m sorry!!!

yes the Easter eggers are such a waiting game. I knew more from Easter’s behavior that he was male than anything. Plus his tail at 8 weeks was completely different.

Yes, the butt is a GLW Wyandotte. That’s Victoria who I was sure was Victor at 3 weeks. She grew a red comb and wattles fast. They haven’t grown much since then and apparently that’s common for Wyandotte’s. She’s cute. Doesn’t like to be picked up, but will fly up. To lap in chair. Her at maybe 10 weeks. E180A6C9-B0EC-4F59-AD28-267BC8AD558A.jpeg

:hit
This is my other EE that I've been sure was a pullet and then this happened overnight. If you zoom in on the comb. Not pink, yet, but broadly concerning...
4 weeks.View attachment 1981701
This breed can drive you crazy! No clue on sex of yours. Good luck!!! By 8-10 weeks we had a very good guess on our boy. I’m guessing yours will be the same. He let out his first crow this A.m. He left for his new home today. We will miss him:hit:hit.
51F789F4-5D55-4307-888A-E2F4DF2E4868.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom