3 Day Candling Pics

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
I got impatient and decided to candle yesterday and today, yesterday at 4pm began the 3rd day and today at 4 will start the 4th, I went ahead and candled the eggs today around noon so they are nearly 4 days incubated. <<< Sounds confusing when I re-read it too lol

Anyway I took some pics with my iPhone 4, hopefully they are clear enough you can see something as I did, the pics are all of different eggs, they varied from a white bantam egg to a brown large one, I have 41 assorted chicken "barnyard mix" eggs in the incubator now, 6 bantam and various standards.

I will post updated pics at 7 days if they are better but definitely day 10
big_smile.png

img3275u.jpg

img3277en.jpg

img3278q.jpg

img3279z.jpg

img3280k.jpg

Looking great! Keep up the great work!
smile.png

Edited to add: some of your eggs look more porous than the others, which I have heard is FINE, but it may make them more sensitive to humidity variations. When you do your next candling, I'd be sure to pay extra attention to those little ones. If this is just a weird lighting that is showing up from your phone, my apologies. But they all look very good, and from what I've read, I wouldn't put any worry at all into the porous ones. Just keep doing what you're doing, because you're definitely doing something!
woot.gif

Last edited:
Looking good to me. I just started my first clutch ever just 3 hours after you started. I'm planning to candle at day 10. I have 15 shipped buff orpingtons. Wish me luck. I'm looking forward to see more of your pics.

I think the eggs look more porous in the pictures, the ones that look porous in the pics are brown eggs, not sure if that makes a difference. I will keep an eye on the moisture level in the eggs at 7 days, 10 days, and 18 days by comparing the size of the air pocket in the egg as I have seen on here. Right now I am running about 50% humidity and 99.5 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom