3 ducklings what do I do please???

alexwilko

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 21, 2014
Hello all again I wondered if I could pick some brains please. My mummy Call duck hatched 4 ducklings nearly 6 weeks ago after 4 days we unfortunately lost 1 to the local (b@&t@rd cat!!) bad me didn't think about them sodding things!!! (Know 4 next time tho!!)

Anyways!!! I am left with 3 babies (I think 1 girly & 2 boys) now my question for help is what do I do, I have someone who would like 2 of them but I want to know can i give them 2 boys or will they fight? If I give male & female I will be left with 1 & I can't give just 1 away as he will be lonley all on his own,, can I keep 2 males with a female????

Eeekkkk this has soooo thrown the balance with having 3 I think the 1 that was stolen was a girly too by her colouring. I am only guessing that we have 2 males & a female by their colouring as the boys look like their dad did when he was at the same age!

Sorry I've asked a load of questions here but I'm really worried about what to do! Thank you everyone for your help in advance xxx

Frequently two drakes can live together with no problems. Two drakes and one hen is a problem. If they were mine, I would give away the two young drakes. I'd also off the cat if I could do so without causing problems.

Thanks that's what I was thinking to keep the female & give the boys away & hope that next time we have a good mix so I can give male & female pairs away!

We actually have a dog & he usually keeps any cats out of our garden but when out babs was taken we were out & he was in the house! I was fuming if the b@&t@rd thing enters my garden again it will get a hoof up its arse & I will take great joy in doing it!!! (Sorry for all u cat lovers out there!)
x

Thanks that's what I was thinking to keep the female & give the boys away & hope that next time we have a good mix so I can give male & female pairs away!

We actually have a dog & he usually keeps any cats out of our garden but when out babs was taken we were out & he was in the house! I was fuming if the b@&t@rd thing enters my garden again it will get a hoof up its arse & I will take great joy in doing it!!! (Sorry for all u cat lovers out there!)
x
you should really try to keep them in at least trios, and not sold as pairs. They are not like geese, one drake can very easily over mate a duck. Mating season brings about undesirable behaviors

Back
Top Bottom