3-Layer Duck Bath Bombs!

LordDuckWings

Songster
Jun 30, 2017
The title may sound odd, but its a very good treat to give to your ducks! Instructions:
1.Have a small circular plastic container
2. Chop up romaine lettuce into tiny bits, and place at bottom of container.
3. Pour cold water on top, only covering the lettuce, and put in freezer until it is rock solid.
4. After the lettuce is frozen, place uncooked slow-cooked or regular oats on top and again pour cold water on the oats. Place again in the freezer.
5. After the oats are frozen, place the last layer or bok-choy or more lettuce on top. Pour cold water, and than freeze one last time.
6. Bring outside of the freezer once all ingredients are all frozen. Place in your pond/pool and watch ducks peck at the bath bomb until all the lettuce has thawed and eaten.
There are no direct instructions as you can do this with any size of container. For bigger flocks, make bigger bombs! Post your pictures of your bombs!

LOVE it! I can't wait to see pics ... or maybe a video?
20180622_193019.jpg
Here is one I made just a couple hours ago! Video will be coming as soon as my wifi is on

For anyone wondering, I have a few more!
All-in-one
1. Chop up romaine lettuce, add koi food, oats, peas, and corn! Fill with cold water and freeze.

Berry delicious
Cut strawberries into small pieces. Add blueberries and chopped watermelon. Add a little bit of plain yogurt ( safe ) to the bottom. My ducks love this one!

Surf n Turf
Buy some frozen minnows, dried crickets and mealworms. Add frozen minnows to bottom. Freeze every layer before adding a new one.

Secret Suprise!
Pour in cold water halfway in container. Drop a circular object ( bouncy ball, etc ) in the center and freeze. Once frozen, REMOVE the object and place any duck treat where the hole is. Pour water on top and freeze. Once done, the ducks will impatiently peck and scratch at the bomb until they get their prize!

I made the treat bomb and the ducks loved it! I added more oats to mine.... thanks for sharing!
I also did something similar to that for my chickens but I used banana in it as well. Gonna use strawberry’s in next time with the banana. They loved it!!!

Do you think I can use this with my 1 month hatchlings? Or is it too hard still for their beaks.

Back
Top Bottom