3 Out Of 4 So Far!

AndysPeafowlSanctuary

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 14, 2010
Thibodaux Search Facebook
So i just candled the peafowl eggs i've had in the bator and 3 out of 4 are fertile. 3 of my white/silver pied hen are fertile, i'm too excited !
celebrate.gif

That is wonderful news Andy! Last year when I candled the eggs I wasn't really sure what I was looking at. All the candling pictures and information said I should see the veins in the egg...I never did but just guessed maybe I couldn't see the veins because my light wasn't good enough. After a few days I saw the dark mass in there but later after 30 days was up I found out that the dark mass was just the bad egg. So none of the eggs I tried incubating were good.

So what did you see? Do you see the veins and a small dot which is the chick developing or something? Three out of four is wonderful I hope all of them successfully hatch. How many more days do you have left to wait? Last year the wait seemed forever, which makes it even worse when you find out after all that time all the eggs were no good, but already you have a better situation than I did so I think you will have great luck!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom