3 questions from a newbie

AnnaLease

Chirping
8 Years
May 10, 2011
I am going to be selling some peacock feathers on Craigslist for a friend. What price should I offer them at? I live in South Dakota and I have not seen anyone elso advertise peacock feathers on Craigslist, so I don't think I will have very much competition. Any suggestions would be helpful, please, because I really have no idea how much to sell them for!

I would really like to get a pair of peafowl, myself. I am thinking I could house them together with our chickens and guineas in our really nice chicken coop. The chickens and guineas will be free ranging, but I would like to keep the peafowl penned (I would build a run for the peafowl, so they could go outside). Is there a certain chicken door size that would let the chickens out to freerange, but keep the peafowl in? Yes, I would shut the chicken door at night, after the chickens come in the coop. The biggest chicken breed we have is a Buff Orpington. So what is the smallest size of door that Buff Orpingtons could fit through, and is that small enough so the peafowl can't get out?

My last question is about worming. If I house a pair of adult peafowl with about a dozen chickens and a dozen guineas, will the peafowl need to be wormed?

Can anyone find any faults with my housing plan?

Thanks so much.

I dont know what the price for peafowl feathers are.

But just go on ebay and search. Watch a couple of the auctions, then you will know what people are paying for them. Then just price them a tiny bit under the going price.

Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom