3 week old ducklings have wacky tail feathers

OliviaFleming

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2020
I have 5, 3 week old Khaki Campbells who's tail feathers look odd and raggedy. Almost stringy. Im relatively new to ducks, so Im not sure what it could be, or if it's normal and Im just being paranoid.

They are currently housed inside in a kiddie pool, they swim in the tub every other day, their bedding is changed every other day depending on the mess level (trying to use the deep litter method but it doesnt last long 🤦‍♀) they dont seem to preen very often and they dont peck at eachother at all. Could it be a vitamin deffeciency? They are on mannapro duckling feed, supplimented with extra brewers yeast. (Terrified of niacin deficiency)
Ive attatched pictures, any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• 15850066558765637748097671352866.jpg
    15850066558765637748097671352866.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 13
I have 5, 3 week old Khaki Campbells who's tail feathers look odd and raggedy. Almost stringy. Im relatively new to ducks, so Im not sure what it could be, or if it's normal and Im just being paranoid.

They are currently housed inside in a kiddie pool, they swim in the tub every other day, their bedding is changed every other day depending on the mess level (trying to use the deep litter method but it doesnt last long 🤦‍♀️) they dont seem to preen very often and they dont peck at eachother at all. Could it be a vitamin deffeciency? They are on mannapro duckling feed, supplimented with extra brewers yeast. (Terrified of niacin deficiency)
Ive attatched pictures, any help is greatly appreciated!!!
we (lovingly 😂) call this the balding phase at my house lol. they are lose their baby fluff and get their adult feathers.

Back
Top Bottom