3 week old ducklings legs turned inwards

Waddlewoods

Chirping
May 8, 2023
One of my ducklings who's 3.5 weeks old is tripping over their legs which are slightly turned inwards. I noticed lately that they would come out and get food and water but then go back and lay down.

I did a ton of researched prior to hatching my ducklings and since day one have been making sure they get niacin. Fed them duck starter with niacin, adding a vitamin & electrolyte powder which contains niacin to their water and add nutritional yeast to their food. So I really don't know how it could be a niacin deficiency.

Any advice is appreciated.

When one has a niacin deficiency already like your duckling the best way to treat is with liquid B Complex here is info https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/
We always question how when giving the best feed and adding niacin they can still have a niacin deficiency well I don't think any of us know except is still happens. But the liquid B Complex has been the best we've found to treat it. The quicker it's treated the better the outcome.

She is Egyptian goose she had niacin deficiency. Today she is Beautiful except she has an angled wing . My understanding that was from the niacin deficiency.
But I take care of the ducks and Miami Lakes, and I’ve had juveniles young adults get niacin deficiency, and they suffer greatly
Are use Peas brewers yeast with garlic
Hope this helps keep up the niacin, no matter which way you give it to them. They slip back easily.

Attachments

• IMG_4562.jpeg
    IMG_4562.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom