3 week old Speckled Sussex gender? UPDATE: 7 week old pics!

Here is mine at 6 weeks. (The one on the right)

10376_img_0559.jpg

We were certain it was a roo.

Now at 14 weeks we think she is beautiful... I've got to get a recent photo.

Also, it flies A LOT, I caught it sleeping on top of the waterer, and when I'm out playing with it, it flies like 3 feet in the air!

I wouldn't lower the hammer on it as a boy just yet, last fall I gave away a brahma "roo" to a friend , it had a bigger redder comb and was bossing the others and since I already had 2 confirmed roos (which turned out to be 4 in addition to the "roo" I gave away) I gave "him" away. Well "he" is laying lots of eggs for my friend now!!!
he.gif
LOL
Barb

Illegal to have a Roo. That sucks. I seen a show on TV, and they were out in CO, I remember the guy saying that law, and he bribes his neighbors with eggs, and NONE of them have turned him in. Check with your neighbors and see IF they like FREE FRESH EGGS?

Isn't that the way all neighbors are. They want the free eggs but don't care to hear who their coming from. I know when it comes to culling down, my decisions are based slightly on noiseyness of the cockerel. I have one Buff Roo, who doesn't make a peep. Guess what? He is staying. LOL I'd tell each neighbor that you might move cause of that law. And take your free egg makers with you. OR IF they be nice and say nuttin you'll stay.

He is almost definately a he. I put a mirror out during playtime, and the other chicks were curious about what they looked like. But he walked by it and froze, his feathers fluffed up and his body stretched out. Then he lunged at the mirror with flapping wings and pecked at the mirror. I am almost sure he is a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom